Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Oct 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
I'm a big Partridge fan and that means I'm always interested to see Coogan trying to get away from a character that was so much him and that he will never better.

I think he did an OK job in the Stephen Lawrence drama and I think he'll probably be okay in this as well.

I hope that if he has to carry any heavy bags that they don't cut into his fingers too much.
He was rather good in ‘a night at the Museum’ and it’s sequels along with Owen Wilson.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Strangely enough my ds just phoned me to say he was in the queue at his local coffee shop in Manc town centre and was stood behind Steve Coogan’s PR lady who wanted to book a table for him for tomorrow morning at 8.
Think ds will go down and loiter ..
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I met the smug, arrogant, entitled prat once when we positioned a Westland Lynx for the Lympstone open day. He was wearing a gold, lame jumpsuit and a Green Beret to which he was as unentitled to wear as that other smug arrogant prat, Prince Andrew. (neither has either undergone Commando training or the all arms course or even the Commando Test week and therefore they are both frauds), an insult to those of us that have. Green Berets (or Red) should never be ‘gifted’, whilst others have earned theirs. How such people can strut around wearing things that others have sweated blood for is utterly beyond me and I personally would be ashamed. It says a great deal about the character of these individuals that they are/were not.

I believe that if there were to be any programme on Mr Saville, then the BBC should be the very last persons allowed near it, as it is absolutely inevitable they will either cover or distort their own shocking failings.
To me, the whole sorry story is a litany of failings of the BBC and in fact, I consider their guilt to be almost on a par with Saville himself, as they clearly could have prevented the later offences by dealing with Saville as soon as the rumours started … by reporting them in their entirety to the Police. It is hardly as if this is the only occasion that paedophiles have been located in their midst and I often wonder if there were others involved both in the offending or covering up.

I can say without hesitation that were I an actor on any level (or director, cameraman or anything else), I would refuse to be involved, particularly if the BBC had a part in it.

Whilst firmly against the current ‘blame claim’ culture, I believe that the later victims of this odious creature should have very good grounds to sue the BBC, trouble is that they would simply pass on the costs to us mug taxpayers who fund them, whilst the culpable individuals bask in luxury, taxpayer funded retirement.

A shabby organisation from top to bottom that I would dearly like to see funding itself and in competition with its rivals. They would be bankrupt within 3 months, such is their largesse. I want no part in them, but have little choice.. even though I largely avoid watching or listening to them. (I do on occasion because I pay for it involuntarily).
Well said.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Very good post Cornishfrogboy and I so wish that Savile was held to account when he was alive and imprisoned for his vile crimes rather than dying believing he got away with it. Although those who protected him knowing his crimes should be in prison.

Increasing numbers of people are cancelling their TV licences and the BBC are sending letters that are very threatening to them (you and me would see them for what they are - nonsense), as well as sending out thugs who knock on doors intimidating people who don’t have a licence, but many people don’t realise that these door knockers have zero power and should not be engaged with but told to go away and the door closed on them.
It was a long time ago now but I had two of these thugs turn up at my door despite us actually having a TV licence (there were only paper copies then). They were really intimidating but I left them standing at the door for ages while I tried to find the licence. I eventually found it and showed it to them. They just turned and walked away with no apology or even a thanks.

I despise the BBC and Saville. I certainly won’t be watching this.

Edited at 03:41 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List