Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Just back from our first RC on the Anthem with 4 DCL and 2 P&O under our belt.

Lots to commend RC for -

Boarding process was excellent, easy to follow and on board within 25 mins of arriving at the port.

Stateroom available from 1pm, as we were on board at 12.30 this was brilliant to be able to drop carry on early. Very good quality in room - impressed with the finish and standard of upkeep.

Bar services were top notch, quality cocktails and short drinks, loads of staff who were efficient and helpful. Made full use of the Ultimate Drinks Package - 140 drinks over 5 days between the two of us.

Good choice of wines at dinner by the glass, very pleased with this option at all venues.

Range of shopping on board, had a good try on session in the Omega section - not buying but good personal service to view the large range on offer.

The entertainment was 6 star. Surpassed my expectations, the quality was outstanding. The show I was most looking forward to (We Will Rock You) was lame, but the performers made up for the cheesy script.

Jamies on board was paid for twice for lunch - very pleased with a great meal with brilliant servers who were knowledgeable and helpful.

Solarium Bistro was a great option for breakfast, lunch and dinner (although dinner is the same menu all week)

Lows -

Only one really - the main dining room. Poor service, haphazard timing, having to repeat that m wife has nut allergy and that not being understood. The food in there was OK (nowhere near Disney or P&O for quality or preparation). The buffet was on par with Disney and well above the awful P&O offering.

Excellent value for money, very pleased we have 2 future cruises booked with RC (Allure in March and Harmony in November).
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dumbo2020
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi
Just wondering if you decided on which cruise to go on, I'm having the same problem. My kids are 11,13 & 18

RC is half the price though.

Thanks x

Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
Hi All

We are looking to book a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas next year whilst we are in Florida.

We have been on the Disney Cruise before and loved it.

I have been looking at Disney and Royal Caribbean and Disney are more than double the price of RC on every date.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has been on both and is the price difference worth it? We will be a group of 4 adults and 4 children (ages 15, 10, 10, 5)

Thanks

Dumbo2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List