Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

I sold mine to we buy any car last Sunday. Got £1000 more than the motordepot scheme and £1200 more than I was offered as a trade in against the new car I've ordered.
It was a really easy, simple way of selling the car and all sorted within about 15 minutes. The money is due in my account tomorrow as I didn't opt for the next day service.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Can I ask how this works when you have a personalised number plate, if I put my number plate on their site to identify my car, then get a price but I do not want to sell the number plate just the car or should I put my plate on retention first.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Oh went to we buy any car and they offered him £1500 less than the quote they gave before hand

He looked into part exing instead and every dealer he’s gone too have offered to buy his car outright without part ex if he wanted and all have offered £500 + on top of we buys initial quote . They all said the same thing they are struggling to get cars and so are willing to pay particularly for sort after makes
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
motorway seem to be giving very high estimated values at the moment but you have to upload 16 pictures and they put your car in a daily auction where dealers can bid on your car

you can set a reserve and if you get a good offer to buy the dealer that bought the car comes to collect it from your home address

not used them but have heard people say they are good l was in a BMW dealers and the salesman said they have bought stock from the motorway dealers daily auctions

also know somebody that sold a 2 series BMW to we buy any car recently they quoted £900.00 more than he paid for the car 12 months ago and paid the quoted amount on inspection as the car was very clean and absolutely immaculate so it would have been cheeky to chip him down
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mine is getting picked up by a dealer tomorrow, I went through Motorway. I got more than Motorway said when the auction had finished. It had some slight damage which I declared and took pictures of

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

I read Cinch are brilliant for selling. See Trust Pilot 👍
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
just ran my car through Cazoo and their price beats motorways best offer by £360.00 and it beats the we buy any car offer by £2000.00

so they do seem to be offering good money for cars at the moment

uk.trustpilot/review/cazoo
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenC
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
Can I ask how this works when you have a personalised number plate, if I put my number plate on their site to identify my car, then get a price but I do not want to sell the number plate just the car or should I put my plate on retention first.
I've just sold my car which had a private reg. I had to put the reg on retention first and then get quotes from we buy any car etc using the original reg
LaurenC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I sold my 2 year old Merc A class to Money4yourmotors in May.

Simply amazing service.

The man came round, offered us less than we had been quoted from We buy any car - an online quote only - but then they matched the price.

The money was in the bank within 30 minutes.

We agreed as we were going away they could leave the car on the drive and they picked it up 4 days later - we gave them the 2 sets of keys when we had the money in the bank. The guy was happy to wait while the money went across.

We buy any car said they would take the car away and then said they wouldn't transfer the money for nearly 2 weeks... I think not!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List