Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
You are definitely allowed to take your mask off if an official photographer is taking the photos. Infact they reminded us regularly to take them off as we often forgot!

You aren't allowed to rake them off for selfies or if you are taking them of your party inside.

We had the package and got 120 photos on our USB stick, we had some lovely photos!
It might have changed now, but I wasn’t allowed to remove my mask for a photo by Mickey and the wheel (taken by the official photographer). They told my 14 year old she could remove her mask for that one, but they said adults still had to wear a mask because people might walk past while you’re having your photo taken.

It’s the only official photo we got that I really don’t like - I don’t mind my own photos showing us in masks around the ship, but there’s something off about a nicely posed photo with us all in evening gear, and me in my mask! Luckily we got some lovely ones of my girls from that shoot, and I just deleted the one with me in it.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
It might have changed now, but I wasn’t allowed to remove my mask for a photo by Mickey and the wheel (taken by the official photographer). They told my 14 year old she could remove her mask for that one, but they said adults still had to wear a mask because people might walk past while you’re having your photo taken.

It’s the only official photo we got that I really don’t like - I don’t mind my own photos showing us in masks around the ship, but there’s something off about a nicely posed photo with us all in evening gear, and me in my mask! Luckily we got some lovely ones of my girls from that shoot, and I just deleted the one with me in it.
We tooks ours off just for the photos. If you look carefully we are hiding then behind our back or in our hand in the photo.

Everywhere else there was a bag and mask table where you could demask before you posed.

BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

For anyone going soon and you want anything from the shop you have to go an hour before it opens if your after something specific.it was crazy like a black friday sale.i just wanted a christmas decoration and the shop opened at 6;00 i got in about 6:10 and all gone.Even the mugs there was about 6-8 out and they dont restock.

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We are on at the moment and the shop was disappointing.

The queues on first night were insane (I guess they will be again tonight) and once the madness had died down basically nothing left. We wanted two tops but the only sizes left were XL so we gave up and left empty handed. Got a B2b so will try again but not expecting much.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by pudding View Post
For anyone going soon and you want anything from the shop you have to go an hour before it opens if your after something specific.it was crazy like a black friday sale.i just wanted a christmas decoration and the shop opened at 6;00 i got in about 6:10 and all gone.Even the mugs there was about 6-8 out and they dont restock.
I was reading facebook that people was standing at queue at 3 pm! omg honest with 5 times cruise there were no queue at all then 6th cruise I never see like that before with long queue. I went away and came back when it was quiet. but I didn't get things what I want. Oh well.

What I am annoying that people bought lots of things then sell it on ebay.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 07:54 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

One woman in the shop grabbed loads of spirit jerseys and was asking people what size they want it was crazy.someone said to her why have you grabbed them all its still covid.luckily i wasnt bothered about one i only wanted a Christmas ornament but no chance of that families were all grabbing them all

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We didn't even bother with the shop until day 2 of our cruise - we both got a t shirt and a pin so we were happy but there definitely wasn't a huge selection of merchandise.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We tooks ours off just for the photos. If you look carefully we are hiding then behind our back or in our hand in the photo.

Everywhere else there was a bag and mask table where you could demask before you posed.

This is lovely! They did have a little table by the photographer for ours, but when my daughter and I put our masks and bags on it, they said I had to put my mask back on because it’s so close to the stairs. I wish we’d had your photographer! 😊
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

PAT in just over an hour!

Can't wait. Sun is shining too.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We're just off the ship today and really did have an amazing time.

We had a PAT of 12.30 and boarding group 9 and were onboard by 1.30, eating lunch in Cabanas by 2pm, our stateroom was ready by 3pm. Service, food and shows were amazing, we cruised with MSC in May on the maiden voyage and DCL really blew them out of the water.

We did Mixology which was fun and chocolate and liquor tasting which was lovely. Shopping was disappointing but we knew that and weren't too worried about, not why we cruised so no biggie. I did buy DH a Polo top which must have been on the wrong hanger and swamps him, so I'm hoping they'll let us exchange it on The Dream in January.

Barely felt the ship move, it was a really very smooth cruise, we had one rough night on The Virtuosa, but hardly knew we were on the water this time!

So please we did it, both my DD and I had such an amazing time, enjoy those still to go

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List