Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by timnlaura View Post
We are due to fly to Miami, but home via MCO. Not sure what that means for us, but we dont actually want to go...
We don't have any details from you about dates of travel, flight numbers and is it flight only or BA Holiday the only thing we can confirm is what Softy has said above. If you can give more information we may be able to help a bit more.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

An update on my situation in the hope it helps others:

I'm (still) a BA flight and car from EDI to MIA via LHR. Flights are on American metal so haven't been cancelled.

The BA cancellation round came and went for us with no activity.

A week later BA finally email but it's a balance reminder! Time to contact BA holidays...not an easy task as many of you will know only too well.

Finally got through today and was absolutely honest. Said I would like a refund knowing that in all likelihood they would say no sorry flights are running but we'll give you a voucher...

Not so! I was advised to call back within 3 weeks of departure, not to pay the balance and I was reassured that if the border was still closed the booking deposit would be refunded.

I even said what if I can't get through given the call volumes just now and the usual Terms and conditions...again not worry. In the current situation BA will automatically cancel.

Great service from BA as usual. Remains to be seen if the next agent tells the same story next week but hope this helps others.

In summary if you're on a US bound BA holiday booking where your flights are still going BA are saying they will refund you within 3 weeks of departure, not before...provided the border remains closed.
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
An update on my situation in the hope it helps others:

I'm (still) a BA flight and car from EDI to MIA via LHR. Flights are on American metal so haven't been cancelled.

The BA cancellation round came and went for us with no activity.

A week later BA finally email but it's a balance reminder! Time to contact BA holidays...not an easy task as many of you will know only too well.

Finally got through today and was absolutely honest. Said I would like a refund knowing that in all likelihood they would say no sorry flights are running but we'll give you a voucher...

Not so! I was advised to call back within 3 weeks of departure, not to pay the balance and I was reassured that if the border was still closed the booking deposit would be refunded.

I even said what if I can't get through given the call volumes just now and the usual Terms and conditions...again not worry. In the current situation BA will automatically cancel.

Great service from BA as usual. Remains to be seen if the next agent tells the same story next week but hope this helps others.

In summary if you're on a US bound BA holiday booking where your flights are still going BA are saying they will refund you within 3 weeks of departure, not before...provided the border remains closed.
Thanks for the update Wolf1984 and really hope that works out for you. If anyone has flight only please bear in mind that the result may not be the same.

On the subject of todays possible amendment or movement on flights going off sale etc- its afte r9pm with no changes indicated so I am going to call an end to the day and try again tomorrow.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Magicmethere
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thank you for keeping us posted Stanleycamel
Magicmethere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Thanks for the update Wolf1984 and really hope that works out for you. If anyone has flight only please bear in mind that the result may not be the same.

On the subject of todays possible amendment or movement on flights going off sale etc- its afte r9pm with no changes indicated so I am going to call an end to the day and try again tomorrow.
I would of course add, please do your own checks. A part of me still isn't convinced it will be that easy. I will post an update next week...unless the borders open and all is well
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to fly to Boston on the 9th of October with BA. It’s a package so flight and hotel but so far its not been cancelled!
We are due to pay the balance on the 18th of September. Should we just sit tight, or pay the balance and keep everything crossed?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Anyone else wondering why BA have not continued with their Friday cancellations 🤷🤷
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

It’s doing my head in!🙁

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

No cancellations yesterday?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Did they do this a while back and then do two weeks worth in one go? (Wishful thinking on my part possibly as I’m expecting our 23rd October flight cancellation next Friday, so watching this weeks with interest!)

I’m getting nervous as there is another thread on here where someone has been told they can’t move their flight to next year, and someone else saying they are now refunding automatically within two days - I’m really worried that they are changing the policy and next years prices are so high! I will be really cross if they’ve moved some peoples flights at no extra cost and now change the rules for others 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread