Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 21, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post
It’s a shame that next year’s flights won’t be out in time to transfer the booking - we got such a good price this year!
That was the annoyance for us when we were ‘forced’ to take a voucher for our flights to Boston. Couldn’t transfer the flight because it’s not available yet so you’re forced to accept a voucher which means BA hang on to your money and they are guaranteed a booking in the next 12-18 months which will no doubt be at a much higher price
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
TRC
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
That was the annoyance for us when we were ‘forced’ to take a voucher for our flights to Boston. Couldn’t transfer the flight because it’s not available yet so you’re forced to accept a voucher which means BA hang on to your money and they are guaranteed a booking in the next 12-18 months which will no doubt be at a much higher price
You’re not forced to do anything.

If the airlines did not stick to the T&Cs you agreed to when booking, they would all be out of business, they’re just hanging in there as it is. It’s not the airlines fault that the US is closed to the UK and EU.

And airlines don’t just double prices, there are different priced fare codes, once the cheaper codes sell out then the next price is available and so on.

I think that BA and Virgin have been particularly fair with rebooking and vouchers.

And if the date you want to book is outside the booking window, again that’s not really the airline’s fault either!
TRC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TRC View Post
You’re not forced to do anything.

If the airlines did not stick to the T&Cs you agreed to when booking, they would all be out of business, they’re just hanging in there as it is. It’s not the airlines fault that the US is closed to the UK and EU.

And airlines don’t just double prices, there are different priced fare codes, once the cheaper codes sell out then the next price is available and so on.

I think that BA and Virgin have been particularly fair with rebooking and vouchers.

And if the date you want to book is outside the booking window, again that’s not really the airline’s fault either!
Sorry I have to disagree. After spending nearly a week on and off trying to get through to BA with zero success our balance date is tomorrow so we either pay the balance knowing in reality we aren’t going or we have to cancel or take a voucher. Cancelling means loosing our deposit so the voucher route is all that we had. It seems the BA fight is still running yet obviously we cannot go. We are (were) on a package so why are BA not offering to cancel rather than ‘force’ customers to bail out via the voucher route? Does that seem a fair option to you?
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TRC
Gone all Goofy

Sorry I have to disagree. After spending nearly a week on and off trying to get through to BA with zero success our balance date is tomorrow so we either pay the balance knowing in reality we aren’t going or we have to cancel or take a voucher. Cancelling means loosing our deposit so the voucher route is all that we had. It seems the BA fight is still running yet obviously we cannot go. We are (were) on a package so why are BA not offering to cancel rather than ‘force’ customers to bail out via the voucher route? Does that seem a fair option to you?
We book flights to a country knowing we’re banned (hoping the ban is lifted)
We book with a Airlines Book with confidence policy knowing we have to take a voucher if the flight is still going.
We might not like it but yes it’s fair.
TRC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TRC View Post
We book flights to a country knowing we’re banned (hoping the ban is lifted)
We book with a Airlines Book with confidence policy knowing we have to take a voucher if the flight is still going.
We might not like it but yes it’s fair.
Again I disagree. The fact here is that as a customer irrespective of the circumstances if the supplier cannot provide the service that has been purchased the customer should not have to be chasing the supplier up to the point they are in a single option resolution position. BA should be providing suitable cancellation notice, and at the moment the perception is that they are pushing folk to accept a voucher to retain funds and future business rather than cancel and refund on the basis they cannot provide the purchased service.
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

One thing of note that’s been mentioned multiple times in multiple threads, is if you hit your balance due date you can call/live chat and get a full refund with BA if restrictions are still in place.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sedgers174
I want to go now!

What if you paid in full months ago then? 🤷🏻
sedgers174 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Again I disagree. The fact here is that as a customer irrespective of the circumstances if the supplier cannot provide the service that has been purchased the customer should not have to be chasing the supplier up to the point they are in a single option resolution position. BA should be providing suitable cancellation notice, and at the moment the perception is that they are pushing folk to accept a voucher to retain funds and future business rather than cancel and refund on the basis they cannot provide the purchased service.
I guess we disagree what supplying a service is. The flight is running and the hotel is open. BA have held up their side of the agreement. It has always been the passenger's responsibility to ensure they have the right to travel.

It's not any airline's fault that anyone without an exempted visa chose to book when travel restrictions were in place, knowing they may still be an issue by the time of travel. I think their flexible booking policy is more than fair.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
One thing of note that’s been mentioned multiple times in multiple threads, is if you hit your balance due date you can call/live chat and get a full refund with BA if restrictions are still in place.
This assumes you can actually get through on the phone. A week of trying at all points of the day draws a blank. Either constantly on hold or more commonly is being cut off which is not well received.

The online chat is as bad.
Old 17 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

This assumes you can actually get through on the phone. A week of trying at all points of the day draws a blank. Either constantly on hold or more commonly is being cut off which is not well received.

The online chat is as bad.
I’m on live chat right now, as I am most mornings. Opens at 8am. I’m always finished by 8.30am. I’m often in there again in the afternoons. It’s annoying bashing “speak to an agent” for 1-15mins but then it’s just a case of doing something else whilst in the queue.

I try to avoid calling but I’ve always been lucky when I have.

In your situation, as it’s BA holidays, I’d also email requesting a refund and explain that you’ve found it impossible to get through on the phone/live chat.

Edited at 08:14 AM.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread