Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 2 Jun 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rikki
Helping Mickey

Sony A7iii

Anyone dragged their full frame mirroless along with them to the parks?

First time with the DS (7) and DD (4/5) and want to capture the special moments but debating just using the iPhone 12 pro over the mirrorless.

What would you do?

Rikki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Planning on taking it- yes.
I'll let you know how it was after I've been - but last time I took a 7Dmii so this will be a lot smaller/lighter😅

Disclaimer - I travel solo and take a lot of pics 👍

Edited at 01:14 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Took my EOS R 24-105L and barely noticed I was carrying it

But coming from a background of gripped 7D with both batteries and the 24-105L, a 10-20mm and 50mm Prime - all of which got used; I'd never regret taking my fully camera set up after trying with a compact and regretting it when I got home
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Do it! I took my Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 the last time we went to MK (2019) and every time I look back at the album, I'm glad that I did. I wondered whether it would be too much hassle, but it never got in the way. And the results more than made up for having its carry-case over my shoulder all day.
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I take my G9 in my backpack. I tend to leave the gimbal and most lenses back in the room- Whilst I’d love to get it on the gimbal, Mrs YT wouldn’t have the patience whilst I got it all balanced up, you couldn’t take it on rides, and it would probably attract a lot of looks, even though it’s just a Ronin S.
Old 23 Jun 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rikki
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I take my G9 in my backpack. I tend to leave the gimbal and most lenses back in the room- Whilst I’d love to get it on the gimbal, Mrs YT wouldn’t have the patience whilst I got it all balanced up, you couldn’t take it on rides, and it would probably attract a lot of looks, even though it’s just a Ronin S.
@YorkshireT

What backpack do you use in the parks?

Looking for something suitable for my mirroless and a few lens plus all the other bits a bobs for a long park day with a 7 & 4 year old in tow...

Rikki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I tend to use both but carry the DSLR on specific days when I expect to take certain pictures. On other days I have a decent POS that shoots Raw or use my phone.
Old 4 Jul 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

I took my Sony A7iii last time and I loved having it with me, I’ll be dragging it along next time too.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rikki View Post
@YorkshireT

What backpack do you use in the parks?

Looking for something suitable for my mirroless and a few lens plus all the other bits a bobs for a long park day with a 7 & 4 year old in tow...
Sorry just seen this.

I use this-

amazon/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I wanted something I could get all my lenses in and my Gimbal (DJI Ronin S it breaks down in half) and my laptop, iPad, headphone, bits and bobs when going on the plane. Then when in the parks, get the camera and maybe a lens or 2 in the main bit but have a decent separate compartment for drinks and sandwiches in little cool bags we often take in. I went with just one section bag initially and the cold drinks caused condensation all over the camera. It’s weather sealed, but even so.
It’s a nice bag, it holds all my kit in the wardrobe.
Bargain at £77 at the moment, it also has a waterproof cover you can unfold.

Edited at 08:21 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List