Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Ahhh your little cat looks comfy!
Better to have tooooo much than not enough 😂
My husband seriously over packed last time !
Definitely 3 nights isn’t long enough! 2 weeks is GREAT ! You hopefully get to unwind over thst period! Have you sailed for that long before?
Really looking forward to your TR/review afterwards!

Safe journey and Have a fab time 🛳😎🍹🍪😀
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Ahhh your little cat looks comfy!
Better to have tooooo much than not enough 😂
My husband seriously over packed last time !
Definitely 3 nights isn’t long enough! 2 weeks is GREAT ! You hopefully get to unwind over thst period! Have you sailed for that long before?
Really looking forward to your TR/review afterwards!

Safe journey and Have a fab time 🛳😎🍹🍪😀
Thank you ❤️

Yes, we've been lucky to do a fair few longer cruises, so know what we're getting ourselves into!

Poor Zeus was very unhappy to be turfed out of the suitcase! 😂
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Well, back from our 2 week Med cruise on Sky Princess, and had a lovely time.

Crew were great, dining was really good (we had a much improved gluten-free experience from our September cruise), entertainment was pretty good (minus the comedians!), we won many trivias which never happens, loved our cabin, drinks package fab.

Not so good were the number of other passengers who ignored the rules surrounding sip and cover and 4 to a lift (and got abusive when you asked them politely not to come into the lift as it was already full), and passengers complaining about really random things causing staff members to get in trouble (example of this was a passenger complained about the fact the dj didn't play their requested track in the nightclub one night. He did, but they'd already left. The fact they made an official complaint meant he had a disciplinary for it).

The staff all worked so hard, the conditions they work under are very hard right now (we spent a lot of time chatting to them). They have to wear masks all the time, they're not allowed to gather together on the crew decks, so no crew parties, no crew bars, they can't even eat together, no shore leave (although some of them were actually allowed off at a couple of ports on this trip and I was so happy for them). They also have to put up with drunk abusive guests, and guests who refuse to stick to the mask rules (and it appears that sadly, they're not being backed up by officers which is a shame). I really feel for them.

Our server got on the ship in June, and doesn't get off again until April. I literally can't imagine what it must be like to do that, to not have a single day off (if they're lucky they get the odd shift off, but never a full day), working stupid hours. Yet he was so nice, completely engaging with guests, coming across as happy in his work etc. A really good example of a brilliant crew member.

Anyway, negatives aside, we would definitely be happy to cruise Princess again (in fact we bought the future cruise certificates). It was just lovely to be away for a decent length of time on a beautiful ship, and enjoy some warmer weather!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Crew were great, dining was really good (we had a much improved gluten-free experience from our September cruise), entertainment was pretty good (minus the comedians!), we won many trivias which never happens, loved our cabin, drinks package fab.

Not so good were the number of other passengers who ignored the rules surrounding sip and cover and 4 to a lift (and got abusive when you asked them politely not to come into the lift as it was already full), and passengers complaining about really random things causing staff members to get in trouble (example of this was a passenger complained about the fact the dj didn't play their requested track in the nightclub one night. He did, but they'd already left. The fact they made an official complaint meant he had a disciplinary for it).

The staff all worked so hard, the conditions they work under are very hard right now (we spent a lot of time chatting to them). They have to wear masks all the time, they're not allowed to gather together on the crew decks, so no crew parties, no crew bars, they can't even eat together, no shore leave (although some of them were actually allowed off at a couple of ports on this trip and I was so happy for them). They also have to put up with drunk abusive guests, and guests who refuse to stick to the mask rules (and it appears that sadly, they're not being backed up by officers which is a shame). I really feel for them.

Our server got on the ship in June, and doesn't get off again until April. I literally can't imagine what it must be like to do that, to not have a single day off (if they're lucky they get the odd shift off, but never a full day), working stupid hours. Yet he was so nice, completely engaging with guests, coming across as happy in his work etc. A really good example of a brilliant crew member.

Anyway, negatives aside, we would definitely be happy to cruise Princess again (in fact we bought the future cruise certificates). It was just lovely to be away for a decent length of time on a beautiful ship, and enjoy some warmer weather!
This is what we found. I don't know why people just cant follow the rules they signed up to. No one made them go on the cruise. The crew were absolutely fantastic and I didn't want to leave our room I loved it
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp

Edited at 05:19 PM.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Sometimes I just can't stand 'people' !
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Sometimes I just can't stand 'people' !
I totally agree!

There was one large family in Princess Live who absolutely refused to wear masks, even when the entertainment staff (politely) reminded them they were supposed to be. One evening they were told 3 times and still didn't do it. No shame, didn't look embarrassed or anything. We just tried to sit as far away from them as possible.

The entertainment staff are quite young, and I was really impressed that they were trying to get them to comply. Felt awful for them that people would behave in that way.
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Welcome back😀 good to hear you had a lovely time apart from other passengers! People huh...
Pleased to hear GF had improved, so hopefully it was easier for you! Lots of relaxation?
We’ve just returned from Regal on Wednesday. Had a good time too and was easier as we had a better idea of what to do etc. As you say a few incidents of people trying to overcrowd the lifts and and Vista Lounge I believe we were the only 2 wearing face coverings, in a crowded venue! Apart from hardly ever being able to find a seat anywhere after 10am(must be a knack)it was all very positive.
We didn’t actually get to go into Vista Lounge on Sky in September so could you tell me what/who the entertainment was please? We have booked a family trip on Sky for next year for 7days🛳😎hopeful for better weather than we just had!
Old 6 Nov 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We too had a wonderful cruise - just the tonic we needed. There were some very minor niggles with the quality of some dishes in the MDR and the supply of some basic items but the service we received was top notch, especially our waiters and room steward. I don’t know whether we just became better at making choices but the food in the second week seemed better than the first.
Even the app performed well when on board!
We bought a couple of fcd’s and booked a couple of cruises whilst on board - NYC to Fort Lauderdale (14 day) and a 12 day Caribbean as a b2b on the Enchanted (Nov 22). Sadly, we’ll be back in an inside cabin - having a mini-suite on the Sky was fantastic.
We really enjoyed the entertainment we went to (luckily missed the comedian).
Disembarkation was shambolic, why on earth didn’t they use the PA system to announce there was a delay to avoid people going to the gangway at their correct time, only to be met with disorganised madness. It was sad to see a member of the crew, who was obviously overwhelmed, shouting and being downright rude to passengers who were merely following the instructions on the disembarkation information sheet. In the baggage hall, we witnessed the aisle blocked by people waiting for their cases after disembarking before their colour was called.
The old system of waiting in a specific venue until your colour was called worked far better - especially if there is a delay.
Fortunately, after getting off the ship a bit frazzled, the drive home was uneventful and free of traffic delays.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 21, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I saw the comedian on the sky princess in September at his later night show. He wasn’t funny and I wish I’d gone to bed instead.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
I saw the comedian on the sky princess in September at his later night show. He wasn’t funny and I wish I’d gone to bed instead.
There were 2 weren't there? The first had to leave the ship for some reason. Never found out why
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List