Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
P & O don’t seem to want to take my money !

I need to pay my balance within the next week. I don’t seem to be able to pay on the web site. I go through, put my details in but once the OTP appears on my phone the details disappear on the payment page and there is nowhere to put the OTP. I checked with credit card and no payment has been made. I only have a phone/iPad if this makes a difference.
Not sure if it is my card at fault or the site ( I know P & O IT is not the best)
Can’t get through on the phone. Does anyone know if P & O automatically take the balance from the original card on the day it’s due ?

I hope I have explained properly. I know a few of us are going on P & O cruises in September so balances will be due !
Thanks !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Cant help with you paying your balance - we are booked direct for Sept too.

There seems to be lots of problems with people answering the phones at the moment according to the facebook groups im on.

I called last week to try enquire about our Sept cabin and eventually after they kept cutting me off as the "hold time" was " too long" I picked the "new bookings" option and was through in about 15 minutes.

The guy was super helpful and didnt mind that id come through on the new bookings line.

I think you need to call as soon as they open.

The balance for our November cruise was due last week and we enquired about changing our cabin location - the TA spent 3 hours on the phone - even if we didnt want the cabin we would have changed as I felt soo guilty!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I have tried to call them a number of times. After pressing several different options I just get a message we are unable to take your call try again later and then it cuts off. Unfortunately I can’t ring at opening time because of work. The credit card company have said they can’t see a payment at their end at least. I thought I might have paid about 4 times ! I will try the new booking option next. I don’t want to miss my payment date.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have tried to call them a number of times. After pressing several different options I just get a message we are unable to take your call try again later and then it cuts off. Unfortunately I can’t ring at opening time because of work. The credit card company have said they can’t see a payment at their end at least. I thought I might have paid about 4 times ! I will try the new booking option next. I don’t want to miss my payment date.
well thats not frustrating is it

I dont know how they are if you dont pay on time - whether they just cancel.

If I find another number ill put it on here.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
well thats not frustrating is it

I dont know how they are if you dont pay on time - whether they just cancel.

If I find another number ill put it on here.
I managed to pay with a different card. Impatiently waiting for my cabin number now !
Old 14 Aug 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I managed to pay with a different card. Impatiently waiting for my cabin number now !
Glad you managed to get it sorted. I got through to them yesterday afternoon. I pressed 1 for a new booking. It only took about 15 minutes, but I think I must have been lucky this time, bec I've waited almost an hour in the past. I would imagine that potential customers would be fed up with the wait and possibly look at other cruise lines.

Like you, we are waiting for our cabin number. We go on the 11th September, and was starting to get concerned. The agent on the phone (who was very pleasant and friendly) told me that it should be released no later than 2 weeks before the cruise, and if I didn't get an email by then, to phone back and he would sort it out.

I asked if we could book any restaurants and shows, but he said the link to the app to book things should be with the email. But he also said that because the app was new they were having some what he called, ISSUES. 🤔

So not sure what to expect. I did think that I would be able to at least book some restaurants.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
From what I understand it isn’t actually an app. It is a website you can only access once onboard. The restaurants can only be booked then. You could book shows but I have seen on a FB site today that there are issues with this too and people cannot book. You don’t book the restaurants, you just join a virtual queue when you want your table. Some on FB have said once they boarded all the speciality restaurants had already been booked up. I think P & O need to do something about their IT !
Old 14 Aug 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

From what I understand it isn’t actually an app. It is a website you can only access once onboard. The restaurants can only be booked then. You could book shows but I have seen on a FB site today that there are issues with this too and people cannot book. You don’t book the restaurants, you just join a virtual queue when you want your table. Some on FB have said once they boarded all the speciality restaurants had already been booked up. I think P & O need to do something about their IT !
This is our first time with P&O, and I have to say I'm not very impressed with their lack of communication, terrible phone service and their IT needs to be seriously looked at.

I'm hoping the actual cruise will be better. I understand that we have a pandemic, but I have seen and read online that their covid testing can sometimes take a couple of hours to get through, and if you are going by car, apparently there are no toilets.

Sounds like it could be fun. 🙄

I'm not even sure if the ship will be at full capacity or restricted to a certain number. This is what I mean about lack of communication.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
This is our first time with P&O, and I have to say I'm not very impressed with their lack of communication, terrible phone service and their IT needs to be seriously looked at.

I'm hoping the actual cruise will be better. I understand that we have a pandemic, but I have seen and read online that their covid testing can sometimes take a couple of hours to get through, and if you are going by car, apparently there are no toilets.

Sounds like it could be fun. 🙄

I'm not even sure if the ship will be at full capacity or restricted to a certain number. This is what I mean about lack of communication.
Just bear with it.

If you go on Facebook there are lots of P&O groups.

You can read good and bad reviews right next to each other - I think you just have to decide if what the poster is going on about is something that would concern you or not.

There are plenty of reports of people being on board within the hour and several saying it took over 2 hours - for the same Iona maiden cruise last week.

The same with the intranet you have to use to book restaurants/shows etc - some say absolutely no issues and others say its a nightmare.

Its very early days for P&O to use this kind of technology - even through its tried and tested across the industry - but im sure they will make improvements as we go along! (Fingers crossed anyway! )

A lot of the communication was done early in the release days - Iona is certainly only 1/2 full at the moment and I think Britannia is too - certainly until the end of September.

P&O are historically bad regarding their IT but I dont let it bother me.

It does appear however that P&O are listening to on board complaints as they have moved one of the smoking areas that had stupidly been placed just outside the cabins on the promenade deck - whoever made that decision in the first place should be demoted!
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Just bear with it.

If you go on Facebook there are lots of P&O groups.

You can read good and bad reviews right next to each other - I think you just have to decide if what the poster is going on about is something that would concern you or not.

There are plenty of reports of people being on board within the hour and several saying it took over 2 hours - for the same Iona maiden cruise last week.

The same with the intranet you have to use to book restaurants/shows etc - some say absolutely no issues and others say its a nightmare.

Its very early days for P&O to use this kind of technology - even through its tried and tested across the industry - but im sure they will make improvements as we go along! (Fingers crossed anyway! )

A lot of the communication was done early in the release days - Iona is certainly only 1/2 full at the moment and I think Britannia is too - certainly until the end of September.

P&O are historically bad regarding their IT but I dont let it bother me.

It does appear however that P&O are listening to on board complaints as they have moved one of the smoking areas that had stupidly been placed just outside the cabins on the promenade deck - whoever made that decision in the first place should be demoted!
Thanks Katie. You're right. I shouldn't take too much notice about what I read on the Internet. I'll find out for myself soon enough. I'm sure we'll have a great time. It's our 43rd anniversary the day after we sail, and I think I may be worrying that we may have the same experience that we had in 2019 on a Carnival cruise. It was the worst we have ever been on. I suppose if you like Rap music played day and night in the next cabin for 7days, you would probably enjoy it. (That was our anniversary as well)

Its nice to know that the ship is only half full.
James