Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Cruise line recommendation?

Looking at a 7 night cruise for 2023 based in Europe. I think we would like to go Norway or Spain/Italy.

Looking for recommendations of what cruise line would be best for a family. I don't think we can pay Disney cruise line prices especially as my children are not really big Disney fans.

My children will be 8 & 11 and they will want a good kids club and entertainment.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Royal Caribbean are family orientated. Anthem of the Seas looks a fab ship, lots to do on it. Looks very child friendly.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
P&O without a doubt offer a superb kids program
Also found them excellent overall food, facilities, entertainment etc
We have done Norway stunning place to cruise
Booked for European cruise with them for July next year

Edited at 04:23 AM.
florida addict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Royal caribbean for sure, they are our second choice after Disney.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would also say Royal Caribbean. Anthem has a wave rider, dodgems, I fly, loads of chilldren facilities. I read Scottishnellies trip report on the MSC Virtuosa and that looked to have lots of children’s facilities too.

From what I have seen of P & O Iona ( we haven’t been yet on her yet) there is probably a great children’s programme. My children would never join clubs. We would prefer a ship which had family facilities we could enjoy together and I haven’t seen that on P & O
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Weve done a fair few cruises with Royal and they are great for families- great kids clubs (we never saw our daughter) and lots to do for families. Now our daughter is a little older we cruise with celebrity (which to be fair my daughter really enjoyed and made some fabulous friends byt they dont have the bells and whistles that Royal have) and this year are trying P and O. Happy cruising.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks. I think P&O have the best prices however less activities for us to do together. Lots to do on RCL Anthem of the Seas and older child will love it however depends on how much it will cost in the summer holidays.

Any thoughts on Norwegian?
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

We have done a couple of Marella (Tui) cruises as a family and really enjoyed them. Have also done P&O. P&O definitely feels more formal. Marella is all inclusive including tips which makes things easier as a family too. The ships are slightly smaller than the likes of Royal C etc which we liked as our kids (pre teen at the time) could go off on their own for a bit and we didn't fear them getting lost 😀.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peacemaker View Post
Thanks. I think P&O have the best prices however less activities for us to do together. Lots to do on RCL Anthem of the Seas and older child will love it however depends on how much it will cost in the summer holidays.

Any thoughts on Norwegian?
We have an NCL cruise booked for next summer and the prices and itinerary were excellent. I've heard nothing but good things so looking forward to trying them.

Also, just to add, for me, being at sea mean being at sea and so I want to be able to see the sea. Our choice of cruise ship reflects this as looking at some of the bigger RCI ships they don't seem to have much outdoor social space where you can watch the waves go by, whereas NCL and Marella do have this.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Which Norwegian ship are you looking at? We have done the jade twice, the star and the Epic. We were not so keen on the Epic, it felt too busy and the layout of the cabins and the ship were very odd. Our son was more than happy on these ships as he loved the teen programme and made loads of friends but we don’t find the service as good as Royal.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List