Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

I should have died or at least more badly injured !

On Saturday at my mates most dangerous garden, I lost my footing posing for a pic. Imagine that horrifying moment when you are falling backwards and down and grab for a rail, anything, but nothing ! I clipped the side of her house with my head, then fell down hitting my head on the concrete - see pic ( no buckets there Sat night )

I dont remember anything! I was unconscious for 10 mins till the ambulance. Brain scan = fine. No broken bones despite the height of the fall.

Cut head, bruised elbow, bruised buttock = nothing !

They thought I was dead. My neck was all twisted etc.

Apart from paracetamol I need no pain relief.

BUT - and this is what I want to ask. Its has had a profound effect in me ! I feel so weird. Want to evaluate my life and who is in it ! Anyone else had this ?

The guy I was with CANNOT deal with it. He thought he watched me die. He needs a break from me.

I feel so vulnerable but also so strong ! Lol
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Blooming hell, you were lucky!
Its things like this that makes you look at your life through different eyes.
I'm glad your ok and didn't do any bad damage x
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear of your accident, must have been scary for you and those that watched. Maybe just a bit of time to deal with it?
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

That sounds scary, but did you get the pic?

Seriously though the feeling will hopefully pass, I’ve had a couple of instances where something has happened or more accurately not happened with one of the kids and for a while I can’t get over the ‘what if’ feeling and feeling sick but then it’s just gone
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

So sorry to hear of your accident - so pleased you are ok
It must of been so frightening for everyone else around
I think when something like this happens it shows how fragile life is- definitely a reason to reevaluate how your life is and what is important in life
My DH dies unexpectedly of Sepsis whiling a training course and I definitely had a period of evaluating what was important in my life and what didn’t really matter
Take care

Edited at 09:36 PM. Reason: Addition
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
On Saturday at my mates most dangerous garden
Wow that's scary, hope you are doing ok.

On a more humorous note, I hope this has taught you to only pose for pics in the mates "least dangerous garden" rather than opting for their "most dangerous garden" - how many gardens do they have? 😉
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

It must have been really terrifying to watch so don’t be too hard on him. I once saw ds2 classmate on a sledge smash into a park bench, his face took the full impact. I was traumatised for days, very tearful and just so grateful my sine wasn’t in the sledge with the boys. The nurses thought I was his mum as I was so upset, I went in the ambulance with him and my family searched for his mum. Be kind to yourself as well, take it one day at a time , xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

OMG how scary. Sorry this happened to you but at the same time delighted you escaped major injury or death (someone was looking down and out for you that day)

Re-equating your life is so important and I feel certain you will ditch the toxic and concentrate of the supportive and loving. I know you are an amazing strong independent person that will take this one and see it though - maybe journal your experiences as you travel the road of re-evaluating ?

Take care and sending you a very special MF hug 🤗
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Re-equating your life is so important and I feel certain you will ditch the toxic and concentrate of the supportive and loving. I know you are an amazing strong independent person that will take this one and see it though - maybe journal your experiences as you travel the road of re-evaluating ?

MF what a brilliant idea re journaling how you are feeling
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Gosh how frightening, glad you are ok xxx
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List