Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

The way they did it was cruel why couldn’t he sleep like when dogs pass over
A bolt gun is barbaric
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I really found the whole way they took him away really distressing, I admit I cried watching it - shame on all of them but particularly the owner who could of made things so much calmer for him 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I really found the whole way they took him away really distressing, I admit I cried watching it - shame on all of them but particularly the owner who could of made things so much calmer for him 😢
How could she have prevented this? They were dragging the alpaca across the field with about 10 police officers surrounding them.

Maybe she should have hired a vet to have him killed humanely?
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
How could she have prevented this? They were dragging the alpaca across the field with about 10 police officers surrounding them.

Maybe she should have hired a vet to have him killed humanely?
Rather than fight in the end she could of walked him herself? I wouldn’t of kept fighting at that point, I’d of put my animal first!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Rather than fight in the end she could of walked him herself? I wouldn’t of kept fighting at that point, I’d of put my animal first!
Ah I see … I didn’t know she would have been allowed to do that.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

They could have also gone into his pen and the vet euthanised him there .
No need for all the cameras I would like to say it’s a lesson learned but I highly doubt it.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
The way they did it was cruel why couldn’t he sleep like when dogs pass over
A bolt gun is barbaric
Its a different size of animal. When they euthanise a small animal such as a dog or cat they firstly give it a sedative before giving it the drug which stops its heart.

To give a large animal a sedative would be far more diffcult and the animal would need to be on the ground so it didn't fall. Forcing such a large animal onto the ground would have been more cruel.

I'm afraid I am with many others about this. Legally the animal had to be put down. I make no points as to the rights or wrongs of that. I have no knowledge of TB testing or false postives etc.

The owner had choices to make as to comply and make this as easy as possible for the animal or to allow what happened to happen. The whole press and protestors while understandable just added to the stress at the end of the day.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
They could have also gone into his pen and the vet euthanised him there .
No need for all the cameras I would like to say it’s a lesson learned but I highly doubt it.
I agree

Jeremy Vine is discussing on radio 2 about how he was mob handed dealt with. Maybe the owner was hoping for a last minute reprieve by airing it so publicly ? But in the end all she had done is cause additional stress on her animal that she, and the media circus she invited onto her property, need not have done .

Yes maybe the animal should have been euthanised but this was not the way for any parties to behave in my view
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

While I agree it was correct to euthanise him, the way it was done was barbaric ( captive bold is correct for this type of animal)but to drag him away from his pen is so wrong.
The poor animal was terrified, it could have been done done quietly with his owner by his side. No need for the press etc.
The owner failed to treat their animal/pet/friend with dignity at the end.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Oh oh.
Pino_Spetzberg is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List