Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Going to pull the plug on May 2022. Genie is the last straw!

I have made my mind up to pull the plug in our trip booked for May 2022. We are due to stay at CSR and doing Disney/ golfing only.

As discussed at length on this forum there is absolutely no clue when the borders might be open to visitors from the uk, and having had our 2020 and 2021 visits cancelled I am losing interest, and the magic has gone for me right now.

As well as the uncertainty with the borders, the questions over mask and testing remain of course, but the last straw is the introduction of Genie!

I am not prepared to pay Disney hotel rates then potentially pay even more for some attractions.

So I am going to see how the next year pans out and Genie beds in before putting myself through the planning etc again.

Yes I’m disappointed but there are far more important things going on right now.. And the Mouse will be there for us in the future (perhaps)

BB

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We’re also considering not going in 22 but not for the same reasons. The flight prices are currently pricing us out of going and we could have a Disney cruise for the price of the flights! So if the flights costs don’t come down by Christmas, we’ll do 2 cruises instead
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
I have made my mind up to pull the plug in our trip booked for May 2022. We are due to stay at CSR and doing Disney/ golfing only.

As discussed at length on this forum there is absolutely no clue when the borders might be open to visitors from the uk, and having had our 2020 and 2021 visits cancelled I am losing interest, and the magic has gone for me right now.

As well as the uncertainty with the borders, the questions over mask and testing remain of course, but the last straw is the introduction of Genie!

I am not prepared to pay Disney hotel rates then potentially pay even more for some attractions.

So I am going to see how the next year pans out and Genie beds in before putting myself through the planning etc again.

Yes I’m disappointed but there are far more important things going on right now.. And the Mouse will be there for us in the future (perhaps)

BB
..Totally understand your feelings and agree, all this uncertainty would be ruining the build up of a much loved and planned for holiday and the cost next year is astronomical, i feel much the same as you!..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't blame you.

Genie+ finally killed it for us as well.

Bob Paycheck AKA Dr Evil has destroyed the WDW vacation for a lot of people.

Edited at 11:48 AM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LauraAshley04
Serious Dibber

Totally feeling this way too! Genie+ and flights are just killing it off for us at the minute.

Something has to give or we will be cancelling too. When the excitement is there it's easy to forget the true TOTAL cost of this holiday or rather where else and what else you can do with the money.
LauraAshley04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I’m not certain about next year now because of the COVID situation more than anything .
We need something solid to look forward to (as much as it can be at the moment )
I think I was too desperate to get something in place and should have waited to book .
I will leave it in place I think but may book something g else as well in case it doesn’t happen .
None of us thought we would still be in this position this year and I’m not confident things will be different by next summer .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Yep totally agree prices for flights are ridiculous, I have forewarned my family that 2022 may not be an option as flight prices ate far too high, I think and hope they will come down, therefore ,my plan is too wait and book later and closer to the date to see if prices come down, if not will be 2023 in the hope that things will have settled down by then. We paid for a flydrive this year 5.5k for 7 adults 3 adults and an infant. Prices next year for a flydrive this year 14k for same amount of people. Admittedly this is for July as opposed to Sept but even so,it’s pricing me out. Then there is accommodation and park tickets to add takes me way over my budget.
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I had hoped Genie + might be a freebie for Brits as we tend to go for 2 weeks, while the local US folks tend to go only for a few days, but silly me, it has not happened.

Magic gone indeed...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I’m with you guys I think Disney has gone too far with its greed and I won’t be buying park tickets again.

The cost of the Florida trip is getting silly and I’m not prepared to part with my wife’s hard earned money.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

We have also decided to cancel Disney and loose the deposit (that's all i have paid to Disney) but we are holding off on the rest, as we would still like to go to Orlando if possible and do Universal, Discovery Cove and a few beach days. The fun of booking and the excitement of planning and looking forward to Disney has just gone. The changes and the price increases are just too much.