Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Oct 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Valentines Surprise 2022 - Updated with Report

I was told I had to use all my holiday at work before 1st April 2022 and couldn't book anything in March, so was looking how best to use it.

Toyed with Canaries and other European jaunts and even looked at New York for a long weekend.

During my searches I found Cunard are doing a 4 night from Southampton on 11th Feb, returning 15th Feb. As the outgoing day is a Friday this was a perfect fit for my days left over and I get to treat my wife to a very special Valentines Dinner at sea.

Will be keeping this one a secret until as close to the date as I dare.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I was told I had to use all my holiday at work before 1st April 2022 and couldn't book anything in March, so was looking how best to use it.

Toyed with Canaries and other European jaunts and even looked at New York for a long weekend.

During my searches I found Cunard are doing a 4 night from Southampton on 11th Feb, returning 15th Feb. As the outgoing day is a Friday this was a perfect fit for my days left over and I get to treat my wife to a very special Valentines Dinner at sea.

Will be keeping this one a secret until as close to the date as I dare.
Off to have a look - I am looking for a short break in Feb and that fits the bill!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed this is still going ahead. Some friends of mine were going on the same itinerary tomorrow - their cruise was cancelled on Thursday.

I've read that it was due to Covid cases within the Officers.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

We are booked on this cruise. I think it’s now the next scheduled cruise for the queen Mary following the Christmas one. Keeping fingers crossed
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Checked in with PAT.

Not over impressed with getting a 15:15 PAT with last boarding at 16:00!

Going to be totally selfish and turn up at 12.30 to 1pm and sit in the 'holding area' if required.
Old 10 Feb 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

All checked in, cases packed and ready to head to Southampton this evening.

Odd process for checking it, I checked the other day and my ticket said 12:00, I didn't print it out at the time. When to print out yesterday and the time had changed to 13:45.

Weather looking to be very wet and windy for the next couple of days - we won't be seeing a millpond that's for sure!

Just as I've printed the luggage tags we've had a free upgrade to a different cabin.

Edited at 02:25 PM. Reason: Upgraded cabin last minute
Old 10 Feb 22, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope you have a great cruise. Will be interested to read about Cunard. Good news about the upgrade. I very nearly booked this cruise myself but decided on a hotel holiday in the end.

On our cruise in September I too was miffed at getting a late embarkation time. We did arrive at our given slot and found we got through testing and booking in really quickly being later. We heard that passengers with early slots had actually taken a couple of hours to board.
Hope you have a good time.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have a lovely time both of you. 😍
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Have a great time
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Having a fantastic time so far.

So so different from any other cruise we've been on before. Better? No. Different? Yes.

Will update later.

Just waiting for the rugby to come on in the pub on board. 30mins to go.