Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For me I lose the wires to tv and sky q box I lose the wires to the sat I might be able to take the sat down or I might just leave it the picture really good I st it up to recoded so I see how that go.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Obviously there is a compromise on the thickness (which I personally think is ok) as there is no Sky box which some may not have room for/not want extra wires) and also no sky dish etc for those who are new to Sky.

Also, don’t forget the TV cost will be absorbed in the monthly rental by new customers as they won’t have to buy a new TV which is great for new homeowners. I probably won’t but yet as my TV is ok. I will probably though when I finish the front room which would need a new TV. 👍
I guess but depends - I have no sky dish as its a communal system, my sky box is hidden (as are the wires) and works well (sky Q voice active remote) and my main TV is under a year old and ultra thin so goes will with my sitting room - the thick one there would be a retrograde step in looks for me) I would think in a year to 18 months there will be a new generation of Sky Glass TV and by then I will want to replace my own one - as I love Sky I will be on the look out for what best suits my needs (and modern home)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Thickness of TV will be because of the built in Soundbar. It needs the thickness to accommodate the Dolby Atmos Speaker arrangement.

Daniel has done a Part 2 video review here, which doesn’t look good from a user ability front

Edited at 01:07 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Thickness of TV will be because of the built in Soundbar. It needs the thickness to accommodate the Dolby Atmos Speaker arrangement.

Daniel has done a Part 2 video review here, which doesn’t look good from a user ability front
Personally I wouldn’t touch that with a barge pole. I know it’s called Glass but it’s only a matter of time till it’s known as Sky minus 👎🏻
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I should be getting glass today I post my option when I had a look at it. It is new so there’s always some problems but we will see
Hey there, now you’ve had it a few days how you getting on with it?
I get mine delivered Thursday along with 2 pucks.
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Hey there, now you’ve had it a few days how you getting on with it?
I get mine delivered Thursday along with 2 pucks.
Hi bondy I had it for a week the tv really nice but the 4K keeps dropping on sky but fine on YouTube I do hate the catch up as it go though itv catch up or bbc I player. The live tv fine but a bit glitchy. I did contact sky and they said there a few teething problems. I put it down to being new. I got a free sat as back up.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I guess but depends - I have no sky dish as its a communal system, my sky box is hidden (as are the wires) and works well (sky Q voice active remote) and my main TV is under a year old and ultra thin so goes will with my sitting room - the thick one there would be a retrograde step in looks for me) I would think in a year to 18 months there will be a new generation of Sky Glass TV and by then I will want to replace my own one - as I love Sky I will be on the look out for what best suits my needs (and modern home)

I agree completely. DH is interested but our current tv is not that old and we have a fab soundbar. I think there will be a few teething problems at first as with everything so we will wait it settles down after a year or 2 and then have a look.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Just getting to grips with voice commands today, seeing what does and doesn’t work, ie: “play bbc1” doesn’t, but “play channel 101” does.
Couple of things I noticed that wasn’t aware of before I ordered, there’s a fair few channels missing that I watched occasionally/often, like Freesports and Sony movie channels.
Otherwise, I’m quite liking it at the moment. Not had any glitches, other than annoyingly having to do a system update as soon as I turned it on!
Old 9 Nov 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

not a great review of it on wired...

Sky Glass is Not a Good Television
It’s an alluring, convenient and high-spec package, but Sky Glass has more than a few issues with picture quality.

wired/article/sky-glass-tv-review
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I saw one at a customer home, pictures average not as good as oled. The remote is just dreadful and not user friendly.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List