Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Oct 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
clt1979
New Poster (4)

Disney tickets insurance

Hi, this is the first time we will be going to Disney and have booked direct for onsite hotel and 14 day tickets. I wondered if there is anyway we could get some sort of insurance for the tickets if one of us got Covid before we were due to fly and couldn’t go? Thanks in advance.
clt1979 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

You should be able to get regular insurance to cover things like this. That said if you booked directly the tickets should be classed as part of the package and therefore should be covered by Disney's policy. Either way however most insurance is void unless purchased before or at the time of the booking so adding insurance now wont give you that protection (unless you have annual insurance in which case this will cover if renewed etc). Check the T&C with Disney and go from there.
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
You should be able to get regular insurance to cover things like this. That said if you booked directly the tickets should be classed as part of the package and therefore should be covered by Disney's policy. Either way however most insurance is void unless purchased before or at the time of the booking so adding insurance now wont give you that protection (unless you have annual insurance in which case this will cover if renewed etc). Check the T&C with Disney and go from there.
Travel insurance will be valid from the time you take out the policy just like any other form of insurance, so the OP would be covered. You will not be covered for any event prior to taking out the insurance.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
clt1979
New Poster (4)

Yeh, I believe your correct. I’ve found one now anyway as it falls under excursions. LV cover £5k on their basic cover for this so I’m sorted. Thanks
Old 20 Oct 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We had to come back early in 2015 after 9 days - our insurance was an annual policy with the bank underwritten by Aviva(I think) they refunded the preportion that was left on our tickets .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Travel insurance will be valid from the time you take out the policy just like any other form of insurance, so the OP would be covered. You will not be covered for any event prior to taking out the insurance.
For a package my understanding it has to be purchased at the time or before the package is purchased and this would count as a package but I could be wrong.
Old 20 Oct 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
For a package my understanding it has to be purchased at the time or before the package is purchased and this would count as a package but I could be wrong.
No, you can buy insurance at any time from anyone and you would still be covered from the time you take out the insurance.

The important bit is cover only starts from when you take out the policy. You cannot claim for anything that happens before this date which is why it is recommended that you take out insurance as soon as you book anything.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by clt1979 View Post
Hi, this is the first time we will be going to Disney and have booked direct for onsite hotel and 14 day tickets. I wondered if there is anyway we could get some sort of insurance for the tickets if one of us got Covid before we were due to fly and couldn’t go? Thanks in advance.
I realise this isn't going to answer your question. Apologies.

I would have thought that you'd want insurance to cover everything - hotels, flights as well as tickets - and not just tickets? Considering it sounds like you booked a package (hotel + tickets) then you'll want insurance to cover that package and not just one part of it.

BTW, it's worth looking at Disney's Ts&Cs and cancellation policy. Unfortunately it seems to state that if you cancel within 7 days of the start of the holiday then you forfeit 100% of the cost of the package. That's when your own travel insurance will kick in, so make sure that covers you for Covid-related problems.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
clt1979
New Poster (4)

Originally Posted by clt1979 View Post
Yeh, I believe your correct. I’ve found one now anyway as it falls under excursions. LV cover £5k on their basic cover for this so I’m sorted. Thanks
Don’t use these actually as they only cover one person if a family member you travel with gets Covid before travelling up to £5K max. Stay sure have covered me and all 4 of us are covered up to £5K each if one of us gets Covid up to 14 days before travel.
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
phil36
Gone all Goofy

That's an interesting element. I've also booked a resort+ tickets package for August direct with Disney, but only paid a £50 deposit. I've also got a trip to New York booked for March. Both are cancellable or amendable. I'm planning to take annual travel insurance in January, with full Covid cover (cos I might be going to Belgium in Oct/Nov) and expect that to cover any losses incurred if Covid or other insured event, prevents me from going on any of the trips. If that happened after I paid the balance, in June, I would expect to be reimbursed.
phil36 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List