Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Oct 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sky Q box not connecting to WiFi

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue?

We have a wifi network in our house that my other half has installed. Every single device we have connects except our Sky Q box which ‘fails to connect’.

This wasn’t an issue before as our BT router was in the house and so it connected to that. This week we have upgraded to full fibre and due to a duct issue (which meant BT wanted to dig up our new stuff resin drive) our router is now in the garage.

Literally everything else works fine except the Sky Q box and we are baffled as to what could be the issue….

Anyone had a similar problem or have any idea how to resolve it?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
There is a nice person on the Dibb who works in the Sky technical department who maybe able to help😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If the broadband is strong to all your other devices then it’s likely a software issue, you can up date the software from the settings tab at the bottom of the home page on your Q box .
If that doesn’t resolve it or you aren’t sure how to do it, PM me
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
There is a nice person on the Dibb who works in the Sky technical department who maybe able to help😀
Who is that then ? Maybe I know them
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What you have to do is go into settings on your main q box and find network, if it gives you the option to reset the connection reset. Then connect with wps go to your router and press the wps button. If you have mini box’s go through the same routine with them all

Edited at 07:10 AM.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We had a similar problem a couple of years ago. With us it was the BT discs that were causing the issue. It would connect them immediately disconnect again. If we didn’t use the discs then we could connect fine but we couldn’t then get the Wi-fi boosted into DS’s room. We had several BT engineers out but they couldn’t get to the bottom of it. Sky were brilliant in helping. We eventually moved our broadband over to Sky and haven’t had a problem since.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The BT discs do seem to give more trouble than anything else . I know they work great with everything else but I’ve found for Q they just don’t. It’s a proper pain.
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
What you have to do is go into settings on your main q box and find network, if it gives you the option to reset the connection reset. Then connect with wps go to your router and press the wps button. If you have mini box’s go through the same routine with them all
That’s fine if the WiFi has just dropped but this sounds a bit deeper but hey I’m sure the OP will try everything
Old 28 Oct 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I didn't think Sky Q played well with other companies broadband. I've seen a few problems with Trooli recently
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I didn't think Sky Q played well with other companies broadband. I've seen a few problems with Trooli recently
Oddly, works fine with our BT provided router but not our access points that my partner has installed.

All very odd.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List