Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I packed 4 pairs of 3/4 trousers, 5/6 tops, sandals, pumps, a weeks underwear and 2 swimming costumes. We went for 21 nights and washed twice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Each time we've been I take less and less... We took 2 empty suitcases last time and they came back bulging !

So I take comfy shoes that are worn in, shorts, vests and swimming stuff but that's it. Half the fun for us is getting some new holiday clothes over there.

Jen x
Old 30 Apr 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
Just on the subject of comfort, may I make a crazy suggestion?
Have you seen these floaty trousers everywhere? (I know, I know not the best looking of things)
We picked some up on holiday to Spain during April when it was chillier than expected. My younger sister looked at them, laughed then pointed out they would probably be great for her in Florida to stop the dreaded rubbing of thighs together.

In case you're unsure of what i mean next/g572076s9#364364 (crazy print I know!)
There are plain ones out there, Tesco have them for around £12 too
Wide leg trousers look awful on me and make me look heavy, the crazy patterns do not help either lol.

I need a personal shopper/gok wan 😂

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

Normally 2-3 pairs of shorts. A skirt. A couple of dresses (one long one short) a few t shirts and a pile of boob tubes plus undies and swimwear. Leggings for on the way there/home

Kids have about 7 outfits based on shorts and t shirt or a couple of dresses for daughter

Hubs sorts himself shorts and t shirts based

Stay in a villa so wash as we go every few days and don't bring a lot of dirty stuff home
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Funkymoover View Post
Normally 2-3 pairs of shorts. A skirt. A couple of dresses (one long one short) a few t shirts and a pile of boob tubes plus undies and swimwear. Leggings for on the way there/home

Kids have about 7 outfits based on shorts and t shirt or a couple of dresses for daughter

Hubs sorts himself shorts and t shirts based

Stay in a villa so wash as we go every few days and don't bring a lot of dirty stuff home
Boob tubes! I've been looking everywhere! Where do you get yours from?

We're packed, 2 adults 3 kids worth of clothes in 2 medium suitcases not too shabby just a couple of bits to add (like boob tubes) 😂

Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I do all the picking so no divorces here! I get hubby to put what he wants to take in a pile & I pack it. I'm a comfort girl, don't like to be restrictive in clothing, generally live in skinny jeans/loose fitting tips here, so on holiday i will take my loose fitting shorts, loose vests, and flip flops. Will occasionally wear loose trousers (the flowery harem type ones). Next have some really nice cotton vests at the minute so I might treat myself to those, flowing & cool. Packing for the kids is the worst one coz I always take wayyyy too much and then when hubby steps in to have a word haha

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie5 View Post
Hubby does the packing, i do everything else he packs better than me ( at least thats what I tell him) lol ! 😂😂
Yep totally agree with you my husband does all the packing and I just plonk clothes on bed and he packs he wouldn't dare moan about what I'm taking after all time and effort and research I put into organising our holidays lol !
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I seem to take too much but have promised myself I won't this time! I always take my swimming costume, a pair of shorts, a shirt, bra and knickers in my hand luggage... just in case anything goes awry with our suitcases. DH packs his own bag (he is actually really good at it!) but last time we had to buy another suitcase to bring home all the extra things we bought 😁
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 16, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

We have a suitcase with the booster seats in and a "spare" case too for souvenirs 😳

Old 1 May 16, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I know this isn't very relevant because I'm a bloke, I pack almost nothing, just enough for a couple of days, then just buy my clothes there, I could fit what i take in baggy pockets in my shorts, however i find my full case has been packet by my wife, I go through it and unpack 90% then i find it repacked, we have a row, then i unpack it, another row, some repacking/unpacking then we go on holiday lol