Notices

Old 17 Jun 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Ah, that's ok then. I was looking around at the staff as well, wondering if I would spot you! It was only a couple of weeks ago when we were heading down to see westlife.

Haha, no bartering with a projector screen, sorry to disappoint . It was actually Neil that brought it up about staying onsite. He had an email through from ATD with a deal, so he forwarded it onto me to have a look. We really did almost book, for next May. It was going to be 7 nights onsite at CSR with upgraded dining plan to DDP, then 7 nights in a villa. In the end it all felt a bit rushed. The deal was finishing in a couple of days and I just thought we should have a proper conversation before hitting the "book" button. It turns out there was something we both wanted to do more -Route 66 - so that's what we're doing next year instead. Disney onsite is definitely still on the table, possibly for 2021.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack Abby
Abby, doesn't mind, this is a communal gathering place these days

After your experience at All Stars I am very surprised to hear that it was Neil that suggested onsite! Even more surprised that it was a moderate that he was interested in. I think CSR would be a solid choice for any future trip, all of their rooms have been refurbed, they are very sleek and cater for the convention crowd rather than Disney fans, so nothing like what you stayed in at ASM. They have a fab pool too and several different dining options if the food court doesn't tickle your fancy. The room would feel much bigger too now that the girls have flown the nest.

Back to things that are really happening instead of hypothetical, Route 66 sounds AMAZING. I too am eagerly awaiting that trip report. I have a dream of doing a coast-to-coast road trip from Disneyland to WDW taking in as many states as possible on the way, but I think that's one for retirement.

Abby your countdown is getting to the stage that it's so close that nerves kick in! I was wondering if Nicki's TR had you reconsidering Kennedy Space Center as a last minute change, didn't it look awesome?!

And, in a twist to the KFC fries tale, we launched mash today!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

After your experience at All Stars I am very surprised to hear that it was Neil that suggested onsite! Even more surprised that it was a moderate that he was interested in. I think CSR would be a solid choice for any future trip, all of their rooms have been refurbed, they are very sleek and cater for the convention crowd rather than Disney fans, so nothing like what you stayed in at ASM. They have a fab pool too and several different dining options if the food court doesn't tickle your fancy. The room would feel much bigger too now that the girls have flown the nest.

Back to things that are really happening instead of hypothetical, Route 66 sounds AMAZING. I too am eagerly awaiting that trip report. I have a dream of doing a coast-to-coast road trip from Disneyland to WDW taking in as many states as possible on the way, but I think that's one for retirement.

Abby your countdown is getting to the stage that it's so close that nerves kick in! I was wondering if Nicki's TR had you reconsidering Kennedy Space Center as a last minute change, didn't it look awesome?!

What? Mash? Now that has got to be seen to be believed.

I'm pretty lucky the mods haven't moved this pre trip to the social groups area as we do seem to go off at tangents but you're absolutely right I love that part the most!

I'm also a fan of your future planning...your retirement trip is going to be great in 40 years!

My plan has no room for any more add ons or extras. It's a no for KSC for this year. One day we will make it out there.

In exactly 6 weeks we will be at the airport hotel and that is exciting. It still hardly seems real though.

The next 42 days are going to drag.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What? Mash? Now that has got to be seen to be believed.

I'm pretty lucky the mods haven't moved this pre trip to the social groups area as we do seem to go off at tangents but you're absolutely right I love that part the most!

I'm also a fan of your future planning...your retirement trip is going to be great in 40 years!

My plan has no room for any more add ons or extras. It's a no for KSC for this year. One day we will make it out there.

In exactly 6 weeks we will be at the airport hotel and that is exciting. It still hardly seems real though.

The next 42 days are going to drag.
Yes, real mash! When I heard it was coming I thought it would be something along the lines of Smash, but it's actual potato haha. I tried some today, it was nice and I would probably opt for it over fries now.

I made the mistake of showing Nik a video of the new Hagrid coaster and now he has talked about nothing else since. If we were going for longer than 12 nights then I would probably have squeezed Universal in for him as a surprise. I told him we could go this year but it would mean missing Chef de France. Lobster Bisque won

I had a bit of a wobble yesterday and debating upgrading to AKL.

EDIT: Whoops, somehow deleted the end of my post.

Nik said we could go for it but then I came back down to earth and booked some more ADRs instead

Edited at 10:05 PM.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Yes, real mash! When I heard it was coming I thought it would be something along the lines of Smash, but it's actual potato haha. I tried some today, it was nice and I would probably opt for it over fries now.

I made the mistake of showing Nik a video of the new Hagrid coaster and now he has talked about nothing else since. If we were going for longer than 12 nights then I would probably have squeezed Universal in for him as a surprise. I told him we could go this year but it would mean missing Chef de France. Lobster Bisque won

I had a bit of a wobble yesterday and debating upgrading to AKL. Nik
Trading in all stars for akl. Hmm seems like that's a bit of a difference in style. You know I've not been to either so can't offer any suggestions.

I'm kind of glad the Lobster Bisque won't for Nik though. He knows what he wants.

X

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Nik said we could go for it but then I came back down to earth and booked some more ADRs instead
You should definitely trade in for AKL! The hagrid coaster looks fab but it just means you'll have to go back again 😂 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’d trade. Does it get you free dining. AKL is lovely!
Old 18 Jun 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh my days, mash?! Now this I need to try! 😂👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I’d trade. Does it get you free dining. AKL is lovely!
Yes, and a $200 gift card. I think it will be about £500 extra.

I told Nik we could do it on the condition we ditched car hire, but he isn't going for that because WE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GO TO McDONALDS!
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Yes, and a $200 gift card. I think it will be about £500 extra.

I told Nik we could do it on the condition we ditched car hire, but he isn't going for that because WE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GO TO McDONALDS!
He's got his priorities all wrong then! You could still ditch the car hire but if getting to McDonalds is a must then just uber! It would be less than $10...

Old 18 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
He's got his priorities all wrong then! You could still ditch the car hire but if getting to McDonalds is a must then just uber! It would be less than $10...
Totally agree! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List