Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Aug 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Krakow hotel ideas and a few tips on planning !

Hi. We have booked for Krakow in October half term, arrive Saturday teatime leave at 8pm Tuesday so will have more or less three full days. Haven't booked hotel yet. We are going with friends and want a hotel with 2 rooms ( one for 3 and one for 2) with breakfast.
My friend is not really a planner I don't think so I will need to manage the trip without her realising !

Which area should I be looking at to stay ? I think I have overpaid a bit on the flights so want to keep the hotel costs low if poss ! I would like less than £150 a night at tops.
I realise that Auschwitz is a full day and obviously quite draining and may do this on the Sunday.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaja
Earning More Ears

Hi,

Not sure if too expensive, but take a look at Hotel Unicus Palace which is just off the Main Square. Auschwitz is a full day but well worth it. Krakow is a fantastic place, we went last year and are going again in October also for a long weekend.
Gaja is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you for replying. The hotel looks lovely but it is a bit over over budget. I would go for an apartment but friends prefer a hotel. I have looked at Q hotel Plus. Have you heard of it all ? Thanks for your help and hope you also enjoy your break there,
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

We were in Krakow in March. We stayed at The Venetian House Hotel on the main square. It was apartment style rooms (small kitchen area). Really nice and so handy on the square. You could add on breakfast, we didn't as we're not big breakfast eaters. We booked our airport transfers and tours through the hotel, all good. We would definitely stay here again.

Another hotel that gets mentioned often is Hotel Jan, it's in the same area.

Yes, Auschwitz is a full day but really worthwhile. The Salt Mines was another great tour. You will have a lovely time
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Krakow is our go to city break between Xmas and new year. We absolutely love it. We always stay in the Wawel hotel which is easy walking distance to everything but tucked up a very quiet street. Breakfast is provided and they do amazing omelettes. Not the poshest of hotels but friendly, quiet and comfortable. There is a room with a coffee/hot chocolate machine provided free of charge. Note that there is no bar.

Apartments are also popular in Krakow and I’d say provided you are in the old town you should be close enough to everything.

Auschwitz can easily be done in much less than a full day if you take a private transfer rather than a coach trip.

You’ll have a lovely time I’m sure, it’s a stunning city with very friendly locals.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Thanks Cheekydeeky. Hadn't thought of a private transfer so I will look in to this.
I will concentrate on looking in the old town and will hopefully find something.

I will look at the Wawel. We don’t really do posh !

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
We were in Krakow in March. We stayed at The Venetian House Hotel on the main square. It was apartment style rooms (small kitchen area). Really nice and so handy on the square. You could add on breakfast, we didn't as we're not big breakfast eaters. We booked our airport transfers and tours through the hotel, all good. We would definitely stay here again.

Another hotel that gets mentioned often is Hotel Jan, it's in the same area.

Yes, Auschwitz is a full day but really worthwhile. The Salt Mines was another great tour. You will have a lovely time
Thanks for your suggestions. I will look for somewhere with a nice breakfast. We actually love breakfast !
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed in hotel Alexander just a couple of mins from the main square breakfast was included I would stay there again.
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DD and her bf stayed in Hotel Jan last December.

They loved it and the location was perfect. They had a very good deal on it too.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
DD and her bf stayed in Hotel Jan last December.

They loved it and the location was perfect. They had a very good deal on it too.
Thank you so much. Hotel Jan must be very popular. It is sold out on all the hotel sites !