Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
amberdane
Proud to wear my Ears

I had no diet related issues prior to gallbladder removal in 2014 but now the one thing I can not have is salmon without being very,very near a loo. I assume it is the fish oil that is the problem. I also noticed I had more issues in Florida due to the oils they use, so I eat low fat when eating out and avoid ice-cream etc in the parks. Went to a Tiana dessert party in MK and within 10 minutes of starting eating was running to the loos, so I am now ultra careful when in the parks what I am eating. Strange but I have noticed if eating out having white wine/G&T as accompanying drinks allows me to eat most things - I assume the high acidity helps break the fats down? It really is trial and error with foods and worth trying things at home and you will soon learn if any foods give you an issue.
amberdane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
That sounds awful. I had an ultrasound yesterday and I think anything like that would have flagged up. I understand where you are coming from re the back though as I already have back issues and am suffering today with it.

Thanks everyone for your input. Has eased my mind a lot.
I was rushed to A&E and given morphine - unfortunately the doctor said he thought I had indigestion
Having NEVER suffered from indigestion I told him he was wrong but as the pain had gone - well it would thanks to the morphine - he sent me home!

I had an emergency scan through my GP a few days later and my DH could see the stone from across the room

Thankfully we were able to go private otherwise it was a 9mnth wait!

I realise now that I should have demanded a scan whilst in A&E but it was 3am and my poor DH had to be on the road at 7 for a meeting he couldnt cancel!

It has taught me to not trust the doctor when you know your body better!
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am 4 years post surgery and I still can’t eat certain types of cheese (soft, high fat cheese like brie) but everything else is fine.
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

This thread is so well times. I've spent the last week at home in pain due to my gallstones. Waiting for a scan and then hopefully an op. Need it sorted before next years Florida trip which includes a cruise! 😬

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I haven't had to change my diet in fact I'm now eating high fat low carb due to being type 2 and no problems.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I was rushed to A&E and given morphine - unfortunately the doctor said he thought I had indigestion
Having NEVER suffered from indigestion I told him he was wrong but as the pain had gone - well it would thanks to the morphine - he sent me home!

I had an emergency scan through my GP a few days later and my DH could see the stone from across the room

Thankfully we were able to go private otherwise it was a 9mnth wait!

I realise now that I should have demanded a scan whilst in A&E but it was 3am and my poor DH had to be on the road at 7 for a meeting he couldnt cancel!

It has taught me to not trust the doctor when you know your body better!
I too was rushed to A&E and diagnosed with trapped wind. I suffered for four years before demanding a scan which showed my gallbladder was full of stones .

Never looked back after having it removed. I was at a party the day after I got home and back to work in a week.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Had mine done years ago and never had any more problems. I can eat whatever with no ill effects, other than ruining my weight. Other people can have difficulty with some foods but I seem to be fine
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Mrs E had her GB out around 12 years ago. Pre-op she was advised that certain foods, e.g. fish suppers, cooked breakfasts, would have to become things of the past. However she can still eat pretty much whatever she wants, without any problem. In fact she actually gets less heartburn now than she used to.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I had a really rough few months with pancreatitis followed by cholecystitis, and gall bladder removal which was very tricky, I wasn’t eating properly in the 4 weeks between onset of pancreatitis and the gall bladder op and following the op it was nearly 2 months before I had any appetite at all... now 4 years later I find high fat foods like cream, chocolate and fried foods give me bad heartburn, but I think you’ll find it’s trial and error...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Goodness what a lot of us have had these problems. Thank you all so much for your input. I went back to work today as the majority of the pain has gone. Just to find out how long the waiting list is now. My Occ Health department advised me to call and find out.