Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile What's CDG like for transit?

Looking at some options for Florida regional airports from NCL via CDG

Layover time outbound is 1 hour 35 mins. Coming back it is 2 hrs.

I've heard CDG isn't that great... Can anyone tell me about it?
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimber03
Imagineer

Kimber03's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 26

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 174
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've been going through CDG for work over many years and safely can say it is one of the worst airports in western hemisphere.

1hr 35min is do able especially if you remain airside but if I had a chocice I would take a min of 2hrs as too often we would be sprinting to make connections on time.
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I'm assuming the OP is looking to connect at CDG onto Norwegian to MCO.

Norwegian use terminal 1 at CDG. As long as the inbound flight from NCL also goes to terminal 1 then the connection is do-able as you should be able to stay airside.

If the OP takes Air France from NCL to CDG, then they use T2, so a terminal transfer is needed, which makes the connection a little tight IMO.

Terminal 1 at CDG is, to put it politely, awful. Thankfully the OP should not have to spend too long in it!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BCKloon View Post
I've been going through CDG for work over many years and safely can say it is one of the worst airports in western hemisphere.

1hr 35min is do able especially if you remain airside but if I had a chocice I would take a min of 2hrs as too often we would be sprinting to make connections on time.
Fully agree, I gate CDG, it’s badly laid out, it’s spread out and doesn’t look inviting
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Avoid CDG like the plague, we had a very bad experience changing planes there a few year back and will not do it again.

I think we had about 1 1/2 hours between flights and our incoming flight was about 45min late. When we got to the gate the departing aircraft was backing away ! The French staff couldn't care less, we were not the only people who had missed the flight as another plane with circa 25 people for the same flight got caught out !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

It would be air France so we'd probably have to change terminals.

I'll probably pay the little bit extra and go via Amsterdam.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
It would be air France so we'd probably have to change terminals.

I'll probably pay the little bit extra and go via Amsterdam.
I would. Schipol is at the other end of the spectrum from CDG, fab airport (IMO).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I would. Schipol is at the other end of the spectrum from CDG, fab airport (IMO).
I choose Schipol every time if I can (for work), it is clearly laid out even though it is large, and the staff are so helpful. I only went through CDG once and could not find anyone from my airline to help, and once at the gate the tannoy didn't work so couldn't hear. Wouldn't choose to go through there again if I could help it!
Old 16 Sep 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I hate CDG with a passion, having had to transit through there or into it quite a few times over the last few years. Avoid if you can.