Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Thomas Cook ceases trading

A very sad situation for many - hope any Dibbers affected manage to get their travel plans resolved quickly.
bbc/news/business-49791249
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Indeed a sad event.

Hope everyone currently travelling gets sorted without too much hassle and good luck to everyone who is now going to have to try to reclaim and rebook their holidays or flights.

I see that they have said for ATOL claims a process should be running soon and repay people within 60 days of the claim being presented.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Very sad. My sister worked for them for 22 years and was made redundant last year. She’s so upset for all her friends who worked there and are waking up to this.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Gutted as had my 50th birthday trip planned with TC flights. Worked out cheaper DIY than package and thankfully did hotel on a free cancellation booking. Thankfully my kids are teenagers and this was only a long weekend. Assume as flight only, I just ring my CC company today? Now have nothing booked and costs everywhere have shot up. Feeling gutted but not as gutted as I feel for those with holidays booked with young children
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

So sad. My friend worked for Thomas Cook. She’s a single income family too. She’s now lost her job, her car and a job and team who she loved dearly. There are 9,000 others just like her.

My heart goes out too, to everyone who has a holiday booked with them or is away right now.

It’s only about 6 weeks since we were on a Thomas Cook holiday.

So sad.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

I’m utterly heart broken for all my ex colleagues. Was an amazing part of my life.
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So very sad for all staff and customers.
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is such sad news, my heart goes out to all those affected.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this, staff here and abroad, those that have lost their trips, suppliers who will feel the knock on, the list is endless
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBeliever
Getting Excited

Mobile

Awful awful news for all involved, staff and customers. We’ve been on holiday with Thomas Cook many times, whether a packaged or just flights, and always had a good experience.

It will be very interesting to see the impact this has on the UK flight/holiday market. My fear is prices will go up.
DisneyBeliever is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List