Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Sep 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I've had it without sedation and was fine. Wouldn't bother with sedation if I had to have one again.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm a nurse and had a similar procedure .
I would defo opt for sedation but I suppose it depends on what type of person you are.
I would rather not remember .
Just felt a bit tired after thats all. Back to normal the next day.

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Sedation they put a cannula in your hand and take bp - it’s like having a general and I had to count backwards from 10 then the next thing I was aware of is I came round in recovery room . There was no mistaking for me
I didn’t have sedation then that’s why it wasn’t nice, I definitely had sedation when I had the one the other end!
Old 30 Sep 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I didn’t have sedation and it was absolutely fine. No pain at all, just a sensation. Once you’ve done the gulp it’s honestly fine.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I didn’t have sedation then that’s why it wasn’t nice, I definitely had sedation when I had the one the other end!
I didn't when I had the other end done either. Twice lol
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I had it for both ends and latterly for my teeth - give me all the drugs I said as I don’t want to remember anything about medical things ... I had pethidine too as they did a biopsy of my stomach to test for something - so pleased I was ga ga
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm a former endoscopy nurse going back to nearly 30 years ago (!). They used to give a whack of sedation, the patients fell asleep, were hard to wake, didn't remember a thing and went home and slept again. Couldn't be trusted with a kettle or signing important documents, and certainly not driving for 24-48 hours. I doubt fit for table tennis either. It was fairly dangerous as there was no anaesthetist present... so... nowadays even they do offer sedation it's a fraction of the doses of 30 years ago and most people say it doesn't touch them, but yet they have to agree to the same restrictions for the following 24-48 hours.

It's good that the department was willing to discuss sedation being on offer, as some departments run certain lists as non-sedation and therefore no choice for the patient.

If you can't change your appointment OP and your TT is important, I'd just take the throat spray. Good luck.
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Mobile

I had 3 within the space of 2 weeks I wasn’t offered the space and was sedated for each one. I remember feeling groggy the day of but fine the day after.
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I had this but didn't take the sedation, as you have to sit for an hour or so afterwards and I was keen to get from there. I didn't feel anything afterwards. Although I was gagging at the time 😂
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I've had them up and down. The down was fine, apart from snipping the biopsies from my stomach/ intestine, which they claimed you wouldn't feel but I certainly did.

The up one was even worse!

I only had sedation for the latter!

If its any consolation , I had an impacted wisdom tooth out with local, and that was 100 times worse. I wouldn't have that done without sedation again but I would the endoscope.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List