Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Oct 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This is their T & C's as far as I can see.

Car Rental: There is no charge to change/cancel car hire-only bookings more than 24 hours before departure. Cancellations 24 hours or less before departure will incur 100% cancellation charge. If you fail to cancel your reservation prior to the pick-up time and do not collect the vehicle on the pick-up date, or if you fail to comply with the pick-up terms (please see car suppliers website for full terms and conditions), we reserve the right to make a ‘no-show’ charge of 100% of the total car rental booking value and un-used or part-used car hire rental will be non-refundable.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
As I understand it Netflights is not cancellable so once booked you are locked in.
We have booked with Netflights several times. A couple of years ago we cancelled it and rebooked when price dropped.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Cancelled a netflights booking yesterday. Got full refund, though got to wait a while for money as they have a Thomas cook backlog
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh I'm off to see whether netflights are cheaper for my dates.

Mr Tom is better at t&cs than me that's for sure.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Ooh I'm off to see whether netflights are cheaper for my dates.

Mr Tom is better at t&cs than me that's for sure.
Not always! I make some big cock ups on here. The car forum is a team effort and between us all we get there in the end.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Spud_work
Trying for More Ears

I saved nearly £200 on a 4 week rental in Quebec next July/August by booking via avis Germany and paying in advance in euros. The insurance coverages and excess are identical to the UK site, but the prices are about a third of the stupid price that Avis UK are charging and it was £600 less than Andy quoted me and £200 less than booking direct with Alamo (who wanted a 1500 Canadian dollar excess). The rental is connected to my preferred account correctly and shows in the app and via my avis on the UK site.

I'd certainly recommend shopping around and also looking at big providers but their sites outside the UK as I think we are getting exploited with some of these ridiculous prices.

Edited at 08:29 PM.
Spud_work is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Thanks Mr TM!

Already have a booking with Andy for a 7-seat SUV with Hertz (We don't really need the 7-seat but it was cheaper at the time). Just booked a Netflights/Alamo standard SUV (preferred for pre-registration and self-selection purposes) for over £100 less. Had to pay it upfront but it's clearly cancellable if I change my mind.