Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think in that situation I wouldn't be rushing into another marriage, might take my time to make sure this one was the right one.

If I was the new partner I'd be worried that they are in love with that feeling of first being in love rather than in it for the long haul.
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

He might enjoy the thrill of the chase and get bored when he’s settled down?

I always feel for women or men that claim that they’ve tamed their partner, usually whilst the other claims they’re happy now they’ve found ‘the one’.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Maybe he always marries his serious relationships . Most people have had more than three sexual partners.
Really though, why would a "friend" care ? Let alone gossip about it to strangers?
He's a grown up he doesn't need anyone else's permission or approval. I'd wish him well.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Maybe he always marries his serious relationships . Most people have had more than three sexual partners.
Really though, why would a "friend" care ? Let alone gossip about it to strangers?
He's a grown up he doesn't need anyone else's permission or approval. I'd wish him well.
The OP didn’t say this man was a friend - she said it was someone she and her friend knew.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Omg, that is bizarre! Obviously doesn't rea3 takes the vows seriously x
That’s a bit harsh. I’m on OH number three and, god willing, will be together until death us do part.

OH1 was a horrible abusive man and our marriage lasted six month.

OH2 I thought was the real deal. We were together for 12 years, went through 3 unsuccessful IVF treatments and were hopelessly in love. Well, that was what I thought. Turned out he was living a double life as a cross dressing swinger.

I never thought I would be happy again after that and then met OH3. Well, we’d actually been friends for years but had never been romantic .

You can’t know what has gone on in his previous relationships but is it not lovely that he has found someone he wants to spend the rest of his life with?
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I guess all of us just don't get it right the first time. At the time we think we've found the one only for them to be a totally unsuitable partner. I would have loved to only be married once but life doesn't work like that for some of us. Married my childhood sweetheart for it to go very very pear shaped 18m later. Stuck with the 2nd one 16 years. Why I married him I have no clue but very thankful I have two children. There categorically will not be a 3rd wedding I'm done. My Dads been married 3 times and says this one is a keeper 😬
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Tax

If an 80 year old multi millionaire marries an 18 year old, the younger will inherit the estate free of tax., otherwise its 40%.

The MM will die with a smile on his/her face.

Disney332
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Hi,

Was chatting to friend at the weekend about someone we know, his 3rd marriage has just failed and the divorce came through a couple of months ago.

Anyway rather predictably this weekend he made a big announcement, he is engaged!

The first thing I thought was why?
Is his name Ross?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My friends Dad just got married on Friday, his 2nd marriage and her 5th !

They look like chalk and cheese but apparently are very happy...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I think some people just need to be married/in a committed relationship. That’s not a criticism, it’s just the way they are. When one relationship ends (for whatever reason), some go it alone for years (or even the rest of their lives) and others seek out the next one. I know people in both camps. One has been married three times and has cohabited with two others. She split from her third husband recently and has already found a new man. She just doesn’t want to be single and alone, she functions better living with someone. It’s just the way she is .