Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Oct 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile Krakow

Planning a 4 day trip in the New Year.

Any must sees, tips, advice and general observations would be gratefully accepted.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Must sees - Auschwitz and Birkenau, either with a tour or under your own steam, the salt mines, the castle, Schindler Factory Museum, the Jewish quarter and just generally wandering the Old Town.

My main tip is change your money in Krakow. I recommed Kantor Grosz on Slawkowska.

Lots of great restaurants and bars and pretty cheap as well.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
Must sees - Auschwitz and Birkenau, either with a tour or under your own steam, the salt mines, the castle, Schindler Factory Museum, the Jewish quarter and just generally wandering the Old Town.

My main tip is change your money in Krakow. I recommed Kantor Grosz on Slawkowska.

Lots of great restaurants and bars and pretty cheap as well.
TY
I note currency tip .
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I would recommend doing one of the many available free walking tours (just tip at the end) they are excellent and very informative.

Also the first evening we were there we did a walking food and drink tour.. this was guided and involved going in three restaurants to try various local (or national) dishes and a couple of bars too. Great insight to the town.

Also if you like steak then go to Ed Red restaurant which is just off the old square.. superb
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Following this thread as we hope to go to Krakow next year too!
Hotels food and must do's all appreciated.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going a week on Saturday for 3 nights staying in Kazimierz. With hindsight I am thinking this is a bit far out.

I have booked the Auschwitz tour for the Monday. Quite a lot of museums are closed on the Mondays I believe. I have booked Auschwitz using the expedia code so received £20 off the ticket price. Booked a time slot for Schindlers factory museum again with the Expedia code. We will possibly go to the Salt Mine by train but undecided just yet, I won't book, I will see how time goes. Also booked a free walking tour of the Old Town. Apparently you just tip at the end. There are a few tours to choose from.

I have been looking at menus and the food and drink seems fairly reasonable. Must try the perogies !
My daughter was most excited to discover Krakow has a Bath and Bodyworks ! We also plan on going to Hard Rock Cafe.

I will try and post when we come back but I am the worlds most unsuccessful trip report writer ! I will try though.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We are going a week on Saturday for 3 nights staying in Kazimierz. With hindsight I am thinking this is a bit far out.

I have booked the Auschwitz tour for the Monday. Quite a lot of museums are closed on the Mondays I believe. I have booked Auschwitz using the expedia code so received £20 off the ticket price. Booked a time slot for Schindlers factory museum again with the Expedia code. We will possibly go to the Salt Mine by train but undecided just yet, I won't book, I will see how time goes. Also booked a free walking tour of the Old Town. Apparently you just tip at the end. There are a few tours to choose from.

I have been looking at menus and the food and drink seems fairly reasonable. Must try the perogies !
My daughter was most excited to discover Krakow has a Bath and Bodyworks ! We also plan on going to Hard Rock Cafe.

I will try and post when we come back but I am the worlds most unsuccessful trip report writer ! I will try though.
We are staying in a boutique hotel in the city centre. I look forward to hearing of your exploits !
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
We are staying in a boutique hotel in the city centre. I look forward to hearing of your exploits !
The hotel itself looks ok. I had difficulty finding a room for 3 that is why we have ended up a bit away from the Old Town. Really looking forward to going.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
The hotel itself looks ok. I had difficulty finding a room for 3 that is why we have ended up a bit away from the Old Town. Really looking forward to going.
Who did you book walking tour with ?
Old 8 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
I booked the Old Town tour with krakowexplorers/ourtours/