Closed Thread

Old 7 Oct 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
best area in kissimmee for non drivers?

Hi, I have friends who want to go to Orlando for their first trip and want to stay in kissimmee as it comes up cheaper and they have asked my advice. I have been to Orlando a few times but I have only stayed on I Drive or LBV so I have no idea about Kissimmee. They want to be on the Lynx bus route, able to walk to restaurants and have free shuttles to the parks if possible. They do not want to be too far out either as they do not want long bus journeys to get anywhere as I have told them that Kissimmee is not quite so central. Not much of a list is it? Anyone with any help please?
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

TBH they will have fairly long bus journeys from Kissimmee or IDrive by the time the shuttles pick up at all the hotels on the way. The closest area for non drivers would be Palm Parkway/Marriot village type area. They could stay onsite

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Maingate lakeside has everything you have listed, Also Ramada Gateway West
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply, I have suggested the clarion inn on Palm Parkway as I have stayed here and it is great for their needs but they say it is too expensive. I must admit that some of the Kissimmee hotels do come up very cheap but I do not know the area at all and cannot advise them about the area and what is around locally. Thanks for any help
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Sorry MissVincent, I was typing as you put in your reply. I will let them know your recomendations. Thank you
Old 7 Oct 13, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I would be careful of overly cheap hotels probably best checking on here before booking there are a few nasty ones around. The majority are fine and Kissimmee is a huge area stretching the length of the 192. The far east end (St Cloud) is not what it used to be a lot of the restaurants are closed down now.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 13, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobyblue
Trying for More Ears

We have just come back from staying at the Holiday Inn on the 192, right opposite Old Town, I couldn't fault it. We did have a car but there was lots to do within walking distance and the hotel does provide a shuttle bus.
Old 8 Oct 13, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dudleydowright
VIP Dibber

We stayed at Worldgate Resort, Kissimmee in April this year and did not drive. It is very close to the parks and the hotel runs a regular shuttle service. We had also saved a little extra to use taxis when we wanted to stay at the parks a little later or being there early.

My fiancée and I felt the hotel was value for money, clean, tidy and staff were very friendly. Would strongly recommend if you are looking to stay in the Kissimmee area.
Old 8 Oct 13, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread