Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 20 Jan 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
animelover
Excited about Disney

Mobile A cheeky question

Over the Christmas period I got engaged yay!
We have been discussing Disney as our honeymoon destination.
When I've been to Disney on pervious trips and had a birthday badge they have given little things to make it more special (BOG- and the grey stuff)
Have any of you had any thing special for your honeymoon? Or just celebrating in general?

AnimeLover
April 2001 , April 2002 , Oct 2003 , April 2005 , Sept 2007 Oct 2009 Sept 2013 June 2014Oct 2018(Disneymoon <3 )
First DVC Dec 2019 March 2022 Jan 2023 May 2024
animelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think it depends on the cast member that sees it.

I wore an engagement badge(congrats by the way!) when I got engaged. We got lots of congratulations but nothing other than that.
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Congratulations!

We got engaged and married at WDW. We got a lot of congratulations from cast members. The only little treat I can remember getting was the grey stuff at BOG after they saw our happily ever after badges.
Laura_<3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Look around you at the parks these days, I bet 3/4 of the people there are "celebrating" something. Unfortunately it's abused to the point of stupidity, and made what was something nice an exercise in futility.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

There's a happily ever after badge which I'm sure will get you nice comments. You never know a bit of extra pixie dust might come your way!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

The buttons have gone down from 6 to 4.

insidethemagic/2016/0...ation-buttons/
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I really do think the person who checked us in at the beach club was rubbish!

I'm really not the kind to expect free stuff or little gestures, in fact I get really embarrassed but, as our bands were named bride and groom I did think we might have been given pins on check in.
We weren't and I forgot to ask TBH, but when I went to sort out our crappy room the next member of staff was just so Disney! She was falling over herself (in a genuine way), gave me badges, even shook her head re the room we'd been given previously for a group of 3, and was just simply charming.
Anyway, we wore the badges for a day or 2 and every CM we encountered congratulated us!
OH decided he couldn't cope with it any more so we took them off! He wasn't being a misery guts it's just that you want to acknowledge people so as not to appear rude but generally we're not really paying attention and then then we feel awkward about unintentionally ignoring people.

Anyway, no pixie dust for us but it was nice having so many people congratulate us.

Edited at 10:00 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

The people at check in don't actually know what it says on the inside of the bands. They're stored under the name on the reservation. Unless you told them they'd have no clue you were bride and groom.
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
The people at check in don't actually know what it says on the inside of the bands. They're stored under the name on the reservation. Unless you told them they'd have no clue you were bride and groom.
It says so on the cardboard tube that they have to go and hunt for!

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We got free champagne in the bar at The Wave at the Contemporary when I was wearing my honeymoon badge! We also got a free dessert in California Grill and a lovely table seat.

We also got loads of CMs saying congratulations to us, which was lovely.
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List