Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Aug 14, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Thank you so much for all the work on this nordictat2girl, thanks to the info Mr Darwen Bird is now seriously considering upgrading the car - something we've never done in the past!
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Darwen Bird View Post
Thank you so much for all the work on this nordictat2girl, thanks to the info Mr Darwen Bird is now seriously considering upgrading the car - something we've never done in the past!
You're welcome. Upgrading to something bigger is always nice
Tell him I said he should give ya treat and upgrade hehe
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Glen
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
Glen No problem. By the way, did you ever make your mind up about the upgrade? I can't remember if you did...

Bianca Thanks I know there are people out there that have little or no experience when it comes to car hire so thought it would be a good idea and so far..so good hehe
Ha ah yes I decided to go for a standard SUV, I have decided that's it foot down no more changing

*just looked at your list again and I'm debating again I need to get off this thread lol

Thanks again for all your help

Glen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Ha ah yes I decided to go for a standard SUV, I have decided that's it foot down no more changing

*just looked at your list again and I'm debating again I need to get off this thread lol

Thanks again for all your help
Haha and I thought I was bad by checking prices everyday I haven't changed anything *yet* though
Stick with the standard and remember if ya don't see anything ya like in your row...ask if they have anything else *in the back!*

My pleasure. I enjoy helping others out.
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 14, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

SunPass/Toll info. added
Old 5 Sep 14, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know what class of SUV the Toyota highlander would be in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Darwen Bird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
Tell him I said he should give ya treat and upgrade hehe
Whoa, are you paying! ?

No seriously, this is a great thread. Really helpful and also thought-provoking. Thanks for your work on it - it's much appreciated.
Days Inn Days Lodge, June 89 & 92. Travelodge Maingate East, July 03. West Stonebridge Villa, June 08. Orange Tree Villa, July 10. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 11. Hilton Bonnet Creek, Sept 13. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 14. Buena Vista Palace, Sept 16. Port Orleans FQ, Nov 17. Hotel New York Disneyland Paris, Sept 18. Holiday Inn Disneyland Paris, Sept 23. Margaritaville Resort, Nov 24.
Mr Darwen Bird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 14, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Darwen Bird View Post
Whoa, are you paying! ?

No seriously, this is a great thread. Really helpful and also thought-provoking. Thanks for your work on it - it's much appreciated.
Haha opps..busted! Nope, not paying but surely your partner deserves a treat/splurge a little right?

Cheers for that. Always nice to hear it's helped people
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post

This is a great post. Can you help me with an insurance query? We are going to orlando in dec with virgin holidays. We have booked two cars with basic insurance through virgin. My intention was to get the policy from questor with the dual lead driver option. I have been seen another policy with carhireexcess.com which includes cdw and sli. I understand the questor one is only cdw. Anyway my question is do I need the sli or is the questor policy good enough. This car hire stuff is a minefield! Lol. Thanks in advance, Nic x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by g6nmc View Post
This is a great post. Can you help me with an insurance query? We are going to orlando in dec with virgin holidays. We have booked two cars with basic insurance through virgin. My intention was to get the policy from questor with the dual lead driver option. I have been seen another policy with carhireexcess.com which includes cdw and sli. I understand the questor one is only cdw. Anyway my question is do I need the sli or is the questor policy good enough. This car hire stuff is a minefield! Lol. Thanks in advance, Nic x
I personally wouldn't consider taking insurance from anyone other than the rental company. Given the huge sums (potentially $100s of thousands)involved if you are unlucky enough to have an accident with a personal injury claim - can you imagine trying to work between the rental company and the third party insurer - both of whom will be looking for any reason not to pay - each saying the other or you should pay up. You would be stuck in the middle, thousands of miles away trying to sort this mess out.

For me this is one area where I wouldnt be taking a risk like this just pay for the all in insurance with the rental company. That way there are no arguments between companies should the worst happen.
Like you say, it is a minefield and you don't want to complicate it more than needs be. Yes, it might be more expensive, but to me that's a price worth paying.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List