Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 16, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Seeing that you live there, I'll take your advice... I am sure I can google it but are Target stores plentiful like Walmart ?
The nearest SuperTarget would be the one on US192 near the junction with the 429. There is a sweet tomatoes, olive garden, Applebee's, Bahamas breeze, panera bread, longhorn steak house and dollar tree to name a few in the same area.

It's probably closer to most of Disney world than the Walmarts are.

Edited at 11:39 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Yes, I agree, Target is a far more pleasant place to shop. Very similar to Walmart, except that produce seems to be of a higher quality. The prices aren't that much more than Walmart, so I've never understood why it's not heaving with customers in the same way as Walmart.

Costco, on the other had ... It depends how long you're going for. We always go to Costco, but we, as villa owners, go for longer periods. If you're only going for a couple of weeks then, almost certainly, you won't consume everything you've bought. Probably a bit of a waste. Great fun though ... if only for all the tasters.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SBF
Very Serious Dibber

SBF's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
ps. If you're unfortunate to be taken sick during your stay, Target have an excellent pharmacy and will actually give advice on medication. It's very similar to going to your GP here. ... and it's free advice.
SBF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Did a shop in Aldi yesterday - less choice but significantly cheaper we found
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I could spend a day in Supertarget - they sell everything - even Cheesecake Factory mixed platter. Usually use store opposite Texas Steak House/Millers on 192 but there's also one opposite Mall at Millennia.
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
The atmosphere in Target is much more relaxed, if a supermarket can be relaxing..

Walmart is, I find, cheap, but very noisy and always busy. I have never been in Target when it's crowded or has long lines at the register.

A step up again, is Publix. We love the one at Celebration! Their hot food counter, especially the Chinese selection is great
True, but Publix is just a grocery store. Doesn't have all the departments that Target does.

Edited at 05:57 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Does Kmart still exist? I'm sure we went to a Kmart in 1995 when I first ever visited Florida and stayed in Kissimmee... We did Walmart last year as we stayed on Int. Drive and the husband wanted some jeans. Have hired a car for two days this trip so we can do a bit of shopping other than the malls again, staying on Int. Drive again. Suggestions? We aren't big shoppers really, just wanted to pick up some cheap clothes, maybe some Christmas present stuff etc...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dagenhamdagger
New Poster (4)

How do electronic items compare in Costco as opposed to Walmart/Target etc.?

Unfortunately I am unable to bring up any of the prices from the US Costco site as I only hold a UK membership. Would be interesting to see where is best value for money.
dagenhamdagger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dagenhamdagger View Post
How do electronic items compare in Costco as opposed to Walmart/Target etc.?

Unfortunately I am unable to bring up any of the prices from the US Costco site as I only hold a UK membership. Would be interesting to see where is best value for money.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR

Edited at 05:21 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Inky View Post
Does Kmart still exist? I'm sure we went to a Kmart in 1995 when I first ever visited Florida and stayed in Kissimmee... We did Walmart last year as we stayed on Int. Drive and the husband wanted some jeans. Have hired a car for two days this trip so we can do a bit of shopping other than the malls again, staying on Int. Drive again. Suggestions? We aren't big shoppers really, just wanted to pick up some cheap clothes, maybe some Christmas present stuff etc...
There is a Kmart on the 192 east up past Walmart and Aldi and next to a Big Lots. Its ok but nothing special and not worth a journey if you are not near there. Walmart is better in my opinion. We go because they have Little Caesars Pizza in there for $5 for a large one which DD likes.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread