Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 21 Sep 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

1 year to go and stressed out

Hi all

Just thought I would come have a moan (Hope you don't mind )

We booked our wedding ceremony etc at the beginning of the year through Pat at Stay Happy In Love Weddings.

We fly out on 18th September and are getting married at Paradise Cove on 22nd September 2017.

Now, all was going swimmingly until the last few days when I decided I should start getting my butt into action an start booking some other stuff. Hair, makeup, cake, flowers etc

THE MAKEUP AND HAIR

I contacted Beaute Speciale (had a nightmare completing the PDF booking form) and emailed the completed form back to them, only to receive a message to say my card had been declined (I have money in my bank) :angry: Now to wait till the bank can speak to the fraud dept and then contact me. I then check the forms to make sure I put the correct bank details on and realise that I have put that we get married at 12.30 and it should have been 12.00 Now to email BS back and correct the timings.

THE CAKE

I have emailed a cake place to book the cake I got a quote for last month and still no reply.

THE FLOWERS

Have no idea who to use. If I order flowers (bouquets and button holes) how will I get them on the day? Any recommendations?

THE FLIGHTS

Still waiting for VA flights to become available, only showing up to August 2017

CAR HIRE

The only thing Im satisfied with. Spoke to a really Helpful Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire and going to book through them (got a great deal) once chosen vehicle becomes available.

Other little things that are worrying me are the venue for a small family meal after the wedding, how everyone is getting to and from the villa to the venue, oh and a little matter of my dress, dughters bridesmaid dress, sons outfits, OH outfit

So there you have it. I feel like I keep hitting brick walls. I know it may not seem like much to worry about, but I am the only person planning this and I chose to get married in Florida, as I thought it would be so much easier. Im a worrier at the best of times, but even 12 months out, im stressing like mad.

Sorry to go on, but im hoping Im not alone and some of you have been where I am right now.

Shelley x

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

UPDATE to stress me out even more. Just contacted HSBC who informed me that my bank card has been cancelled, they tell me its been cloned

I think not! I take it that its easier for them to just cancel my card rather than block the transaction and then contact me and ask if I have made this transaction.

Now I have now way of booking with Beaute Special.

Fed up is an understatement

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi Shelley, don't worry it will all come together eventually!
We just got married last week at paradise cove also booked through pat!
For flowers I used flowers by Lesley I sent her a photo of what I wanted and it was the exact match, she delivered them to paradise cove and they were there before I arrived.

I'm sure beaute can wait for you to get your new card you still have plenty of time.
I booked a car through florida magical transportation to take me to the wedding and they were right on time very efficient and gratuity was already paid so I didn't need to worry about it at all. My partner drover himself and the other to the cerebony in our rental car!
Wedding planning is stressful but it's worth it in the end! And it was lashi by rain on my day but I didn't even mindo at that point!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Apologies for all typos in that, still away and using my phone to type!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dimple View Post
For flowers I used flowers by Lesley I sent her a photo of what I wanted and it was the exact match, she delivered them to paradise cove and they were there before I arrived.

I'm sure beaute can wait for you to get your new card you still have plenty of time.
I booked a car through florida magical transportation to take me to the wedding and they were right on time very efficient and gratuity was already paid so I didn't need to worry about it at all. My partner drover himself and the other to the cerebony in our rental car!
Wedding planning is stressful but it's worth it in the end! And it was lashi by rain on my day but I didn't even mindo at that point!
Hi hun,

Thanks for your reply.

Congratulations to you both x

I know I'm probably worrying about nothing, but can't help thinking if I can't get things sorted this far out from the date, then I'm doomed lol

I've just managed to email BS back and asked if I could pay another way. So paid via their website on the PayPal link. So feeling a bit better since this morning.

I'll have a look at the magical transportation one. Pat has quoted $270 for the limo hire for 3 hours, but our villa is 30 mins away from paradise Cove and think it will be too much for it to pick up OH and his mum and the boys and then for it to come back for me and my parents and DD.

I'll drop Lesley a line about the flowers . Where they expensive? And did u pay a deposit when u booked ?

Thanks dimple, feel better getting it off my chest. OH doesn't seem a bit interested.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 21 Sep 16, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

meant to ask, did you bother with a cake ?

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 21 Sep 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Didn't bother with a cake because the florida heat kinda puts me off eating sweet things so thought I could save money there and didn't miss it to be honest!
I want to say that the flowers cost approx $180 that's for the brides and bridesmaid bouquet one boutonnerie and delivery to paradise cove, I could have picked it up myself and avoided that charge but didn't want the hassle. I told her I was on a budget and I sent some inspiration photos to her and she was very goodisappointing and came back and told me which ones would be in season and which ones would be more expensive! Hope that helps
Old 21 Sep 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Ah that's great. I don't think anyone will miss a cake to be fair.

Had a look at the flowers on that site. There are some fabulous ones on there.

We only need bridal and 1 x bridesmaid bouquet and 2 ladies button holes and 4 mens. So shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks again for your help.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 21 Sep 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No problem, another tip i have for you would be to look at some photos from paradise cove closer to the time and have an idea of what kind of shots you would like as the photographer kept asking me if there was anything I had seen that I would like him to do and I couldn't think of anything!
Old 21 Sep 16, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

No problem, another tip i have for you would be to look at some photos from paradise cove closer to the time and have an idea of what kind of shots you would like as the photographer kept asking me if there was anything I had seen that I would like him to do and I couldn't think of anything!
Ah that's brilliant, thank you so much.

Who was your photographer. Did you get your disc before you left for home?

We have been allocated Sean Stowers (think that's his name lol)

Did you go for a meal afterwards or have something at paradise cove?

Sorry for all the questions.

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Edited at 09:09 PM.