Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 22 Oct 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Yes Denny's is fab for brekkie, kids loved it.

Think Joanie's office was only about 10 minutes away. The rooms in La Quinta were fine, clean & comfy with 2 double beds in each.
Great thanks will have a look day before when we arrive xx Will get dropped off on the morning
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rataouille92 View Post
It is scary that from Sunday how much i have organised! I just need to sort out the deposit for transport but they said no rush

Your rings sound lovely! I can't decided whether i want a plain band or one with diamonds in.

Same as my OH he hates jewelry and he keeps saying it will be weird to wear a ring.

Thank you! I go tomorrow so i will let you know how i get on

Aww i am sure it still fits! What are you storing your dress in to take on the plane with you?
Brill see your doing really well at organising xx

Dress at moment is in a breathable travel bag , but to go on the plane is going in a wedding dress travel box as hand luggage , that way its still with me and will save me panicking (have yet to buy a box prob get it off ebay as loads on there)

Bridal shop that I'm using to clean it has said they will put into box for me as close to my travel day as possible .

Once in Orlando will hang it in its bag again as plenty of room in it, and transport around in its bag as OH not seeing til meet him on the beach xx x
Advised as its mainly tulle just to hang in a hot shower room and any creases should drop. Also know Joanie has a hand steamer in the Bridal room for any last minute ones.

Have fun dress shopping

Mine was total opposite of what I thought I wanted and when I tried on what I had wanted it looked awful lol xx just went to show the lady knew what was right for me xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
Brill see your doing really well at organising xx

Dress at moment is in a breathable travel bag , but to go on the plane is going in a wedding dress travel box as hand luggage , that way its still with me and will save me panicking (have yet to buy a box prob get it off ebay as loads on there)

Bridal shop that I'm using to clean it has said they will put into box for me as close to my travel day as possible .

Once in Orlando will hang it in its bag again as plenty of room in it, and transport around in its bag as OH not seeing til meet him on the beach xx x
Advised as its mainly tulle just to hang in a hot shower room and any creases should drop. Also know Joanie has a hand steamer in the Bridal room for any last minute ones.

Have fun dress shopping

Mine was total opposite of what I thought I wanted and when I tried on what I had wanted it looked awful lol xx just went to show the lady knew what was right for me xx
Let me know if you find a decent box! I think i will grab one from Ebay to as in the wedding shop they wanted £30! So i just have a breathable bag like you.

I have got my dress! I tried Wed2B and one of them was awful! Had about 10 dresses in my size and none were even nice and they seemed unprofessional I called up head office who told me the dress i wanted might be available in a shop an hour way and it was! So OH drove me over and i got the dress I need alterations so just trying to find a good price to get it altered!

What style dress is yours?

That is good to know Joanie has a steamer! I have no idea how to use one but i will give it a try aha.
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by k4tiemay View Post
Ah thanks, It's not a rush for us, but we can consider our options this way x
No problem! x
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Let me know if you find a decent box! I think i will grab one from Ebay to as in the wedding shop they wanted £30! So i just have a breathable bag like you.

I have got my dress! I tried Wed2B and one of them was awful! Had about 10 dresses in my size and none were even nice and they seemed unprofessional I called up head office who told me the dress i wanted might be available in a shop an hour way and it was! So OH drove me over and i got the dress I need alterations so just trying to find a good price to get it altered!

What style dress is yours?

That is good to know Joanie has a steamer! I have no idea how to use one but i will give it a try aha.

Whoohooo told you a dress would be possible in your time limit xxx

Must admit I went to Wed2b in Milton Keynes and wasn't impressed by dresses or service for someone to say you look good in a dress which makes you look as though your levitating isn't good lol but me and my friend did have a laugh xx Know a lot of ladies use them but wasn't for me x

My dress came from a lady that sells ex samples from her house and was much friendlier and more comfortable , still tried on about 8 dresses which she pulled, then put my one on and we both knew it was right . Took my friend next day and put her back on and my friend cried so knew it was right.

Being a more mature bride it was total opposite to what I thought I wanted but she knew best and now love it.

My dress is strapless slight sweetheart ruched corset with stones and flowers on tulle lower with embroided flowers through to match upper . A ballerina style the lady told me not a full princess . Cant put pic up as OH uses the laptop and will find it

Can get boxes a lot cheaper on Ebay and will do just as good a job xx

What type of dress did you get ?

Sure you will find someone decent for alterations , mine is corset back and last time tried on was ok as length was good as going flat or no shoes for beach xx

Only thing with steamer, I think if dress is silk you need to be careful xx

Its all coming together
Old 25 Oct 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Whoohooo told you a dress would be possible in your time limit xxx

Must admit I went to Wed2b in Milton Keynes and wasn't impressed by dresses or service for someone to say you look good in a dress which makes you look as though your levitating isn't good lol but me and my friend did have a laugh xx Know a lot of ladies use them but wasn't for me x

My dress came from a lady that sells ex samples from her house and was much friendlier and more comfortable , still tried on about 8 dresses which she pulled, then put my one on and we both knew it was right . Took my friend next day and put her back on and my friend cried so knew it was right.

Being a more mature bride it was total opposite to what I thought I wanted but she knew best and now love it.

My dress is strapless slight sweetheart ruched corset with stones and flowers on tulle lower with embroided flowers through to match upper . A ballerina style the lady told me not a full princess . Cant put pic up as OH uses the laptop and will find it

Can get boxes a lot cheaper on Ebay and will do just as good a job xx

What type of dress did you get ?

Sure you will find someone decent for alterations , mine is corset back and last time tried on was ok as length was good as going flat or no shoes for beach xx

Only thing with steamer, I think if dress is silk you need to be careful xx

Its all coming together
Indeed! I just need to find someone to alter the dress for me

I am glad i am not the only one! Perhaps it is just that store? The one in Swindon was 10x better and more professional.

Aww that is a lovely story At least you know it is THE dress!

Your dress sounds gorgeous! Once the wedding is over you will have to post a photo

I got an aline style dress. its lace on the top with a v back and then a jewelled belt and the bottom is just plain white. It is the style i wanted but the dress was designer and over a grand! So this style was a steal

Let me know which box you get please will be good to hear reviews on it.

Good point! I don't even know my dress material! That sounds awful.

I am throwing a party when we get back so trying to find a site online that does nice invites but not too pricey! No such luck at the moment xx
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Indeed! I just need to find someone to alter the dress for me

I am glad i am not the only one! Perhaps it is just that store? The one in Swindon was 10x better and more professional.

Aww that is a lovely story At least you know it is THE dress!

Your dress sounds gorgeous! Once the wedding is over you will have to post a photo

I got an aline style dress. its lace on the top with a v back and then a jewelled belt and the bottom is just plain white. It is the style i wanted but the dress was designer and over a grand! So this style was a steal

Let me know which box you get please will be good to hear reviews on it.

Good point! I don't even know my dress material! That sounds awful.

I am throwing a party when we get back so trying to find a site online that does nice invites but not too pricey! No such luck at the moment xx
Dress sounds lovely xx and glad you found one you love x

Been looking around at boxes thinking of this one on ebay £14.99 with free postage.
Wedding Dress Bridesmaid/ Airline Travel Box & acid free tissue.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon... 8L._SX355_.jpg

Now also looking for footwear for the beach lol , can you tell I'm on my hols from work lol xxx

We were thinking of a party once back home but OH keeps saying why? that's men for you , would like to do a party but only as a celebration evening party again looking to keep costs down . But we will see xx

Have you looked at people like Vistaprint for invites, Tabz on here also designs them but not sure on costings xx

Edited at 09:31 AM.
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had a small party when we came home. DH really wasn't bothered & probably wouldn't have done anything if left up to him. In the end we decided to just have a small get together & invite family & friends we see regularly rather than every man & his dog. We had it in a local pub (who reserved a section for us) with a buffet. They already had a disco & karaoke on that night anyway, so it worked out well. There were no speeches or first dance, just an informal get together with family & friends.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
We had a small party when we came home. DH really wasn't bothered & probably wouldn't have done anything if left up to him. In the end we decided to just have a small get together & invite family & friends we see regularly rather than every man & his dog. We had it in a local pub (who reserved a section for us) with a buffet. They already had a disco & karaoke on that night anyway, so it worked out well. There were no speeches or first dance, just an informal get together with family & friends.
Sounds great , just what we would like to do xx Yes OH is like why waste more money ? but then when putting a list together keeps adding people on men lol x

Keep looking at places but a lot are sooo expensive and as only want a evening they don't want to know or charge over the top, then OH keeps looking at golf clubs so the guys can play on the morning ? so much for keeping costs down !

We will see xx really don't want to spend a fortune x
Old 26 Oct 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Dress sounds lovely xx and glad you found one you love x

Been looking around at boxes thinking of this one on ebay £14.99 with free postage.
Wedding Dress Bridesmaid/ Airline Travel Box & acid free tissue.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon... 8L._SX355_.jpg

Now also looking for footwear for the beach lol , can you tell I'm on my hols from work lol xxx

We were thinking of a party once back home but OH keeps saying why? that's men for you , would like to do a party but only as a celebration evening party again looking to keep costs down . But we will see xx

Have you looked at people like Vistaprint for invites, Tabz on here also designs them but not sure on costings xx
Thank you

That is such a nice box! What does the acid free tissue mean? it is just for protection? it is all so new to me! lol

Aww lovely, you off for half term? I am sat on my lunch break at work!

I am doing the exact same thing! Just a small evening do with a buffet, one of my friends brothers has a wedding decoration company so we get decorations for free and our friend is a DJ. We are looking at golf club things too, the hall we want with a buffet is £600? I don't know if that is too expensive or good as we are having 110 people there. (My OH family take up 40 of those spaces!)

We felt a party was good to do as none of our families or friends are coming to the wedding it is just us 2 and that way i get 2 wears out of the dress and we can all celebrate together.

I think once your OH is there he will really enjoy it! Especially if he can play golf in the morning

Thank you i will take a look at those sites xx