Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 26 Oct 16, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
We had a small party when we came home. DH really wasn't bothered & probably wouldn't have done anything if left up to him. In the end we decided to just have a small get together & invite family & friends we see regularly rather than every man & his dog. We had it in a local pub (who reserved a section for us) with a buffet. They already had a disco & karaoke on that night anyway, so it worked out well. There were no speeches or first dance, just an informal get together with family & friends.
Sounds like a great party and a good way to save money! Hotels just want you to use their food so it hikes up the price!

Great that they had a disco and karaoke on the same night though
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rataouille92 View Post
Thank you

That is such a nice box! What does the acid free tissue mean? it is just for protection? it is all so new to me! lol

Aww lovely, you off for half term? I am sat on my lunch break at work!

I am doing the exact same thing! Just a small evening do with a buffet, one of my friends brothers has a wedding decoration company so we get decorations for free and our friend is a DJ. We are looking at golf club things too, the hall we want with a buffet is £600? I don't know if that is too expensive or good as we are having 110 people there. (My OH family take up 40 of those spaces!)

We felt a party was good to do as none of our families or friends are coming to the wedding it is just us 2 and that way i get 2 wears out of the dress and we can all celebrate together.

I think once your OH is there he will really enjoy it! Especially if he can play golf in the morning

Thank you i will take a look at those sites xx
Hi yes I'm on half term break , and also got son at home on his half term

Found this regarding acid free tissue -
Do not store in a normal cardboard box. Unless made with special pH neutral board, all boxes contain acid that passes into the dress fabric causing discolouration / yellowing.

Always store in a pH neutral medium – with tissue paper that is acid free, (tissue paper will BECOME acidic, if in a non acid free box, and would need to be changed regularly.)

Apparently xx new to me just search a lot on sites

That sounds a good price to me for the party, how brill that your decs and music is all sorted as it all adds up . Great excuse to wear your dress again alsoxxx

Have got our list down to about 80 but at the hotel that's still going cost about £2000 for room, buffet and Dj just for the evening need a venue that has accommodation as friends and family will be travelling and think easier if have it with rooms available or near by.

Might try a late availability as not set on date
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Just a quick question hols2floirda if possible xx

What is the etiquette regarding tipping for wedding etc

Got Joanie booked know she owns it

Michael- photography again owns his business but works off Joanie

Tracy for hair again owns her business but does Joanies clients

Any ideas as this is puzzling me , don't want to upset people
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
Just a quick question hols2floirda if possible xx

What is the etiquette regarding tipping for wedding etc

Got Joanie booked know she owns it

Michael- photography again owns his business but works off Joanie

Tracy for hair again owns her business but does Joanies clients

Any ideas as this is puzzling me , don't want to upset people

If I remember rightly I tipped the lady who did my hair & make-up, but don't remember tipping Joanie or Michael (not really sure whether that was the right thing to do or not to be honest)!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Hi yes I'm on half term break , and also got son at home on his half term

Found this regarding acid free tissue -
Do not store in a normal cardboard box. Unless made with special pH neutral board, all boxes contain acid that passes into the dress fabric causing discolouration / yellowing.

Always store in a pH neutral medium – with tissue paper that is acid free, (tissue paper will BECOME acidic, if in a non acid free box, and would need to be changed regularly.)

Apparently xx new to me just search a lot on sites

That sounds a good price to me for the party, how brill that your decs and music is all sorted as it all adds up . Great excuse to wear your dress again alsoxxx

Have got our list down to about 80 but at the hotel that's still going cost about £2000 for room, buffet and Dj just for the evening need a venue that has accommodation as friends and family will be travelling and think easier if have it with rooms available or near by.

Might try a late availability as not set on date
The week seems to of gone so quickly! I hope you are all enjoying yourselves!

Oh wow thank you for that information! I would never of known other wise.

Yeah that is true! I am stuck on bras at the moment! My dress is backless and i am struggling to find a bra that will offer support

Late dates you tend to get good deals! . £2000 isn't too horrific! I am just on a budget as we are saving to move out still other wise i would of loved a hotel Maybe keep an eye out on black friday? there are always deals around then! xx
Rataouille92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Double digits xx

Now on double digit day

Exciting times now countdown into double digits eeeeekkkkk

Old 2 Nov 16, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Now on double digit day

Exciting times now countdown into double digits eeeeekkkkk

How exciting! it will be here before you know it
Old 7 Nov 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Bought my ring on Saturday xxx

Went into town just to sort a few things out then had a look in jewellers to which OH suggested we look. Tried a few different styles on then tried a Eternity ring on as couldn't find a wedding ring I liked and there was one , then remembered one I had seen online so asked about that and yes they had it tried on and yes that was the one xxx

And it was in my size ! xxx also got a chain for my diamond pendant that had broke for half price sooo another off the checklist xxx

OH still not decided ring or not but will prob get cheap one for ceremony xx
Old 10 Nov 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

Bought my ring on Saturday xxx

Went into town just to sort a few things out then had a look in jewellers to which OH suggested we look. Tried a few different styles on then tried a Eternity ring on as couldn't find a wedding ring I liked and there was one , then remembered one I had seen online so asked about that and yes they had it tried on and yes that was the one xxx

And it was in my size ! xxx also got a chain for my diamond pendant that had broke for half price sooo another off the checklist xxx

OH still not decided ring or not but will prob get cheap one for ceremony xx
Lovely! Where did you buy it from? Sounds like it was meant to be

Yeah getting a cheap one sounds like a good idea My OH likes a ring in Beaverbrooks which is only £75 so quite a bargain really! He is still finding it odd about wearing a ring - i think it is a man thing? xx
Old 10 Nov 16, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rataouille92
Excited about Disney

I have also booked my party venue in the UK, invites have been dispatched this morning and got some decorations for the party