Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

please put my mind at ease

hi all as per above title i'm looking at booking a fly drive with BA which includes the car and need my mind easing regards insurance.

it says along with avis rental it provides the below:

Exclusive car rental
Your rental price INCLUDES - Unlimited mileage, Customer Facility Fee, State Surcharge, Tire & Battery Fee, Veh. License Fee, Third Party Liability (TPL), Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)

i usually book my own car and am very confident in doing so but this time i'm having a worry

so my questions are

1) is this all i need ?

2)i cant see SLI ( but im assuming thats the same as TPL)

3)also am i right in thinking that if i was involved in a accident i would have no charges not even excess because of cdw is that right ?

the wording on ba website is a little confusing ?

many thanks for any help in advance

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

The BA insurance is fully inclusive you will only have to pay for replacement keys tyres etc
Old 1 Dec 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No need to worry. You are fully covered for everything you will require. They may try to sell you roadside cover and odd bits like that but you don't need it. The package you are being offered is standard.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

cheers all thanks

regards excess where do i stand if there is an accident ?

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by w513mfs View Post
cheers all thanks

regards excess where do i stand if there is an accident ?
There is no excess with 99% of car hire booked via a UK website such as BA. Unlike the rip off European stuff we have to endure. If you bump the BA Avis car they just deliver you another one and nothing to pay.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Regulars on the this forum will have maybe noticed that I haven't posted for a while.

I suppose the main reason is that we've only been back a few days from a lovely 4 week stay and arrived back last Sunday after a record breaking 7 hour 10 minute flight on BA and then spent 7 hours on the M25 negotiating around 20 odd jack-knifed lorries.

Secondly felt somewhat peeved at having my usual toll plaza photos post deleted a couple of weeks ago without the courtesy of an explanation. But there you go - perhaps reporting that the unmanned exit toll off 417 at j2 has gone up to $1 is considered controversial. I'll maybe never know.

Anyway back to positive "helpful" stuff - I hope. As my DIBB colleagues will know, after hiring cars 30+ times, we were BA/Avis virgins in November.

We arrived on Friday 10 November to find MCO on lockdown after the explosion in the main terminal and had to walk the length of the monorail with cases so were not best pleased when we arrived at the Avis garage kiosk to find a few people ahead of us and only one miserable attendant.

Our "contract" had an estimated "cost" on it even though I showed them my paid invoice fly-drive invoice. The clerk assured me that there would be no charge beyond what we had already paid. I spent 4 weeks hoping that this would be the case.

The car was an OK Mazda 6 but if I wanted to change it I soon had second thoughts as when I looked back at the queue at the kiosk there were about 40 people waiting. After what we'd been through we agreed that we were perfectly happy with the car

The car did have a transponder by the way which we left off as we mainly paid cash. The only time we used Sunpass was when we picked our daughter up at MCO as we wanted to pay the car park with it. That was a complete fail but another story.

Importantly though when we returned the car my invoice showed zero balance.

I'll let you know how much Avis charge for tolls when I get my credit card bill.

Mick

Edited at 02:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mick. Welcome back. We missed you. Gosh that M25 scenario sounds a nightmare.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mick. Welcome back. We missed you. Gosh that M25 scenario sounds a nightmare.
Thanks Tom

We touched down at 6.30 and it could have been a bit sooner but the pilot slowed down as he said there would be no ground crew to meet us.

Back in our car at 7.30 (official valet parking at the airport was fine and only a couple of miles on the clock ) and set off round the M25 in very heavy rain. By the time we reached Heathrow the rain had turned to serious snow and we heard from our daughter who lives in Rugby that our home destination was becoming "challenging". We normally use the M40 but we thought that the hilly roads between Banbury and Rugby would be impossible so we said we'd stay on the M25 and use the M1.

By the time we'd got near the M1 though we saw that was a disaster as well and as our youngest lives in Brentwood we asked if we could crash with her for the night. She was only 50 miles away then it was the obvious choice. Our satnav said "Distance to destination 47 miles" for nearly 3 hours. :angry::angry:

It was a dreadful drive but had we made the decision to go to Brentwood when we were at LGW we would only have driven 25% round the M25 and not the 75% that we ended up doing.

The better decision with hindsight of course would have been to leave the car at LGW and book a night in the Premier Inn.

Mick
Old 15 Dec 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mick you must have been on the same flight as we were coming back boy wasn't it quick
Then we were delayed 2hrs on our Glasgow connection then we landed on auto pilot as the fog was so thick a bit weird to,say the least
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Welcome back Mick, have been reading Emma's trippy. Hope you had a good time.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List