Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Nov 17, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by electo View Post
here are a few things and it may get long very long

yes Carousel of Progress is a must chill watch a show in a comfy seat and great air con
the people mover is a must too
its a small world is a must (still cant get the song out of my head )
and there more and more

here some things to say to the character

1. Ask Minnie if she got a wedding ring yet... told her it's okay because my son said he would marry her

2. Ask Chip and Dale if they are squirrels...they go nuts!

3. Tell Captain Hook... TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!

4. Call Chip...Dale and Dale...Chip... very very funny reaction!

5. When you see Cruella... BARK!
We got a cute reaction from Eeyore when I asked him if he was sure he hadn't lost his tail.
Call Chip and Dale squirrels, or gophers or rats - they'll get humorously indignant!
Ask Donald Duck where Mickey Mouse is... talk about indignant!

My DS (4) asked him this last year and Donald stomped his foot, turned on his heel and stormed off! The look on DS's face was PRICELESS!

Then, Donald came back and gave him a very loud raspberry and DS still talks about the day he made Donald Duck mad...almost a year later!
At a character meal, I always ask them if they cooked the dinner. If Chip tells me he did, I'll say that Dale is taking the credit for it.
I have heard if you call Chip or Dale Alvin or Theodore they really flip out!
If you see the Mad Hatter, ask him for his "autograph". He will draw a picture of a car and a graph. If you want his "signature", you must ask for it, or ask him to sign his name.

Call one of the 7 Dwarfs by the wrong name, very funny, especially if all 7 are present.

Cruella asked DS if he had ever thought of a job as a dog catcher. That was a funny conversation.
We asked Chip and Dale how to tell them apart. We got a very lively discussion about how each is more handsome then the other

here are a few things for free in epcot

go to club cool free drinks (try the Beverly it nice )

phone booths in England at EPCOT
407-827-9861 - This is the Right booth
407-827-9862 - This is the Left booth
407-827-9863 - This is the Centre booth

Talking Water Fountains - there are three at Epcot: Outside Mouse Works shop; behind Innoventions West, near the restroom, between Innoventions and Honey I Shrunk the Audience Pavilion; and near the play fountain between Future World and World Showcase.
Some brooks babble, but at Epcot the babbling is done by some of the enchanted drinking fountains! You can find at least three fountains that will talk back to you: 1) Face the "Fountain of Nations" with Spaceship Earth behind you. The talking water fountain is outside Mouse Gear, on your left. 2) There's another to the right of the magic/play fountain between World Showcase and Future World. 3) The third is behind Innoventions West, near the restroom.

on the subject of water fountains
if you want a drink or fill your bottle up use the kids one you will find it cooler water

will leave it at that for now (brain overload)
For this post you win the internet for today 😂 But critical question. Where do I meet Cruella? Never seen her in 10 trips but would love to. Now you’re going to tell me it’s a ticketed event not on in July aren’t you...
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Not in the parks but...

Fort Wilderness Campfire with Chip and Dale

A really lovely evening, cooking s'mores, singing with s cowboy and meeting chip and Dale

Also pony ride at D Ranch for under 8 year olds. Only about $5 and DD5 loved it.

Wagon ride after dark, looking at all the Christmas decs on RVs at FW
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
For this post you win the internet for today 😂 But critical question. Where do I meet Cruella? Never seen her in 10 trips but would love to. Now you’re going to tell me it’s a ticketed event not on in July aren’t you...
i am not sure myself its a list i made up in 2012 for my nephew when we all went over there
chip n dale are great at acting the fool
i think chip got hold of the credit card that we where paying the meal with and the CM said to him you cant buy any nuts with that :-)
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Festival of the Lion King (AK) was brilliant.
Night vision goggle viewing in AKL
Taking time at the hotel pool
The Agent P thing at Epcot was great fun
3 Caballeros in Mexico at Epcot
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My top tip is to slow down and take time to take in the little details, the amount of attention to the small things are what set the parks apart for me.
Look up at the windows when walking down Main Street in MK.
Explore little nooks and crannies and most of all take time to interact with the cast members. We have all enjoyed random conversations with so many cm's and years later our girls still remember these. Pin trading is especially good to strike up conversations.

I find that when we slow down the pace and really explore rather than rushing from ride to ride is when the magic happens and our best memories are made.
Old 28 Nov 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Pin trading is especially good to strike up conversations.

Pin trading was great. However, we didn't realise they had to be official Disney pins. We bought a job lot of Welsh Dragon pins to trade and are now planning on giving them as Xmas presents!

The trouble with pins is that if you buy ones you want, you won't want to trade them. Try to find a big pack (I think we got 7 for $30 of 'geek' ones - good value in Disney! ) and traded those.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerdoo
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
My top tip is to slow down and take time to take in the little details, the amount of attention to the small things are what set the parks apart for me.
Look up at the windows when walking down Main Street in MK.
Explore little nooks and crannies and most of all take time to interact with the cast members. We have all enjoyed random conversations with so many cm's and years later our girls still remember these. Pin trading is especially good to strike up conversations.

I find that when we slow down the pace and really explore rather than rushing from ride to ride is when the magic happens and our best memories are made.
When we were in DLP last year we loved walking down Main Street! It was relaxing even when it was crowded!

I’ve always wanted to ask about pin trading, how exactly does it work, who do you trade with and is it certain locations?
Gingerdoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gingerdoo View Post
When we were in DLP last year we loved walking down Main Street! It was relaxing even when it was crowded!

I’ve always wanted to ask about pin trading, how exactly does it work, who do you trade with and is it certain locations?
Loads of CMs either wear pins or have them on a board. If they have one you want you swap one of yours (must be official Disney pin). Pins aren't cheap (most single ones start from $8.99). We found our kids didn't want to trade the ones they'd bought! I keep meaning to look on eBay to see if we can get a deal on a job lot.
Old 28 Nov 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerdoo
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
Loads of CMs either wear pins or have them on a board. If they have one you want you swap one of yours (must be official Disney pin). Pins aren't cheap (most single ones start from $8.99). We found our kids didn't want to trade the ones they'd bought! I keep meaning to look on eBay to see if we can get a deal on a job lot.
Thanks for letting me know, I’ll maybe look into getting the kids some pins for Christmas!
Gingerdoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We bought pin trading starter kits with pins the girls weren't that bothered about to trade. They loved trading with the CM's.