Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile Avis double tree?

Hi all,
I’m looking at BA car hire with Avis, it’s coming up cheaper to change the car half way through. We will be leaving cabana bay after a week so was going to swap the car then, the option just says double tree Orlando. Is this the double tree by universal or a different one?
🙂
Old 16 May 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes, Avis have a rental lot at the Doubletree by the Universal entrance.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Lovely thank u 😀
Old 17 May 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Avis now have rental desks in the Universal Hotels. When I've checked on BA they don't give you the option to drop off or pick up from Universal (they only offer the Doubletree) but it might be worth speaking to BA to see if this is an option.
Kirky123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh that would b useful, as I don’t even want to swap the car il probably tell them I’d keep the same one, I’m only taking that option as it’s £100 cheaper. Thank you.
Old 17 May 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I did what you are planning last year with Avis with the pick up and drop off at Embassy Suites on Idrive, it was really easy and I kept the same car, it took about an hour out of my day but saved me over £150.

This year I rang BA to ask about dropping off and picking up at Sapphire Falls instead of Embassy Suites and they could quote me but it was dearer than embassy suites and also dearer than booking direct with Avis for Sapphire Falls, so I booked with Avis through VA to get some airmiles.
Old 17 May 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Brill, good to no it’s nice an easy. While I’m checking out with the kids he can go off an sort the car, then be on our way to st petes 😎. Funny how it’s cheaper using 2 cars when it’s more cleaning for them.