Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 May 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Mobile Alamo standard suv upgrade to Tahoe

We have a standard suv booked. Does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to a Tahoe at the desk?
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

You might be lucky.

We have booked a standard SUV twice now and the first time (2 years ago) we got a Tahoe (it was massive ). And the second time (last year) there was another full-size in the standard row but we didn’t take it because we had a lot of driving to do and it would have been more expensive on gas than a standard.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Might be lucky at airport. But I wanted a similar upgrade but premium suv elite (X3 or similar) came up on Alamo for less than full size so I amended. I asked for downgrade to full size or even premium suv (suburban) at airport and was given an Audi Q7.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

I gave 20$ to the guy and got a ford explora, brilliant motor, perfect out there.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nobby39
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

[QUOTE=hardly;13251349]I gave 20$ to the guy and got a ford explora, brilliant motor, perfect out there.[/QUOT

I have booked a Lux suv and would hope I can get an escalade in the line. if not do you think they would let me downgrade as I dont fancy an infinity and alledgedly the navigator are rare as rocking horse... if I gave them a tip?
Nobby39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hardly View Post
I gave 20$ to the guy and got a ford explora, brilliant motor, perfect out there.
Ive ordered a standered and would love another explorer
Old 16 May 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Experience 2 weeks ago at MCO

we had a standard SUV booked, none was available
there were suburbans parked in the STD SUV row, all of which were locked

tried to ask for one at the hut, tried with 2 alamo reps, they all said they were a category up and I could not get one.
when I replied that, if it's parked in the row, they're fair game, they both said that they were bringing standards from the carwash and it would only take a couple of minutes ... and that indeed took a couple of minutes

we eventually jumped on a GMC Acadia.
Funnily it's classed in the midsize range for GMC, but that was a 6 seater and much larger than the midsize suvs, so we were happy with that.

Very thirsty car (managed 20mpg on the turnpike cruise control at 75mph) but a good ride. Quite happy with it.

but quite disappointed that we were denied the keys to the higher category that were sitting in our row.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
brwhy
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

Oooh would love a Suburban. Basically its the wifes dream to drive about like the FBI, its my realty i'm not paying over the odds for it :-)
brwhy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

tried to ask for one at the hut, tried with 2 alamo reps, they all said they were a category up and I could not get one.
when I replied that, if it's parked in the row, they're fair game, they both said that they were bringing standards from the carwash and it would only take a couple of minutes ... and that indeed took a couple of minutes

we eventually jumped on a GMC Acadia.
Funnily it's classed in the midsize range for GMC, but that was a 6 seater and much larger than the midsize suvs, so we were happy with that.

Very thirsty car (managed 20mpg on the turnpike cruise control at 75mph) but a good ride. Quite happy with it.

but quite disappointed that we were denied the keys to the higher category that were sitting in our row.
Think I’d be happy with a GMC Acadia as it is a big car for a ‘Standard’. Ideally in August will be trying to get an Explorer and expect to have to ask if one is about if not lucky to have one in the row, but if an Acadia was sat there think I’d be tempted to just take that - looks to have decent space behind the 3rd row for a ‘Standard’.

If there’s a Tahoe or Suburban there in the row but locked, think I’d sue them for cruelty 😂

Dave

Edited at 06:15 PM.
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xxfaeriedustxx
I want to go now!

Mobile

When we arrived (two weeks ago) they didn’t have any standards at all (the car park was pretty empty actually).

There was loads of mini vans which we was hesitant about but we took a Dodge caravan GT..you can start it with the key which is pretty cool).
xxfaeriedustxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List