Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 May 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

What to do after a late night

You will see from my countdown I am in the VERY early stages of planning (but I love it ).

I am planning to spend the first two days at Universal then head back to our base hotel and spend the following morning relaxing around the pool before heading to MK in the afternoon, with the intention of watching the fireworks, so I'm guessing we will be back quite late . I expect an early start the next morning will be out of the question .

While I don't want to turn this holiday into a military operation with me getting everyone out of bed too early neither do I want to waste time when there is soooo much to do .

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to so that the day isn't wasted .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

We would probably have a big brunch then head to a mall for some shopping or possibly a water park, arriving mid morning. Which is still heading out in the morning but is a much more chilled day than a theme park.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would go to a water park I dont think they open before 10 so no great rush 😀
Old 20 May 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I too would suggest a waterpark or a trip to Disney Springs, don't worry about your countdown my last one was 777 days
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

We do not plan and find it the best way.
We do have an idea of what we are going to do but if changes need to be made due to anyone feeling tired then we can just change.

We tend to discuss what we would like to do the next day the night before this way everyone knows if they are up to it, and are aware of what time they need to be up.
As already suggested water parks do not open till 10am and can be a more relaxed afternoon than the other parks.

If you want to hit a park early its best to be prepared and not have a late night,
With us late nights equal late start next day and try to make that day a more chilled day.
Water park
Shopping or just strolling round Disney springs
Then we might spend a few hours later in a park depending how we feel.

We are not into the full on planning a military exercise for our holiday, but some like to do it this way as they feel they must see and do everything.
Which IMO you never do get to do everything and see everything anyway.
So it gives us an excuse to go back
Old 20 May 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
We do not plan and find it the best way.
We do have an idea of what we are going to do but if changes need to be made due to anyone feeling tired then we can just change.

We tend to discuss what we would like to do the next day the night before this way everyone knows if they are up to it, and are aware of what time they need to be up.
As already suggested water parks do not open till 10am and can be a more relaxed afternoon than the other parks.

If you want to hit a park early its best to be prepared and not have a late night,
With us late nights equal late start next day and try to make that day a more chilled day.
Water park
Shopping or just strolling round Disney springs
Then we might spend a few hours later in a park depending how we feel.

We are not into the full on planning a military exercise for our holiday, but some like to do it this way as they feel they must see and do everything.
Which IMO you never do get to do everything and see everything anyway.
So it gives us an excuse to go back
We are the same! We have a rough idea of what we want to do but other than discovery cove because you have to pick a date to book it.
Picklepuppy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you don't want to force people out of bed you'll just have to go with it really. I would either plan it as a "rest day" or book later FP slots. Personally we just set the alarm. We've agreed this year we want to do early starts and leave our afternoons free for relaxing. We have 2 later evenings planned for Fantasmic and the SW Fireworks but we'll still be in bed before 10 and I want to keep it that way! We'll slot in a few later starts so we don't feel hard done by but to be honest, getting up at 6am to go to MK is a much nice prospect that getting up to go to work so I never feel resentful!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I'm hoping for a more relaxed trip this time ,we are staying at Cabana Bay so might give Volcano Bay a visit hadn't thought about a water park .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I think most of our late nights are followed by either a waterpark or a late breakfast ADR.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I usually follow a magic kingdom late night with a water park as it allows you to sleep in til 9 ish
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List