Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Apr 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Nobby39
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Just for info, I booked a Hertz glitch a couple of years ago and was able to skip the counter so assumed I’d be home free. When I got to the gate the receipt said they would charge my cc nearly $4000. I got it sorted in the end but just be vigilant with these glitches and check your paperwork.
I will double and triple check..Many thanks for the heads up. Paul.
Nobby39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

The only thing that changed yesterday on my bill was prepay fuel jumped up by $20. He said it was tax but definately fuel for bigger tank.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
Didn't work quite to plan. The garage guy at the kiosk read the paperwork, I said that customer service had said over then phone I could downgrade, to a suburban, if premium elite not big enough. His response was "how's that Audi Q7 parked behind you sir". It will do nicely thanks. Not bad for less than the full size price.
Is the Q7 just 5 seats? How are you finding it?

I suspect if you said it was OK but then couldn't get your luggage in then they may have still let you "downgrade" - I will say the same, that Customer Services advised I could downgrade on site if not big enough and see how it goes! 3.5 weeks out for me though, plus we are picking up from MIA so not sure on the difference in availability! Thanks for coming back with the update!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

No it has two extra seats in boot. Big enough to put two toddler pushchair and a bag in boot with chairs up. Granted a suburban would have been better for.boot space. But I really like.it. they also had a few new Expeditions in full.size row. Q7 though is good for child seats. Seems to have anchors in all rear seats. Will post some photos later.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

No it has two extra seats in boot. Big enough to put two toddler pushchair and a bag in boot with chairs up. Granted a suburban would have been better for.boot space. But I really like.it. they also had a few new Expeditions in full.size row. Q7 though is good for child seats. Seems to have anchors in all rear seats. Will post some photos later.
Great thanks.

We only have 5 people (3A / 2C) and for day to day we won't need luggage space so would have all the rear seats up (so the 3 in the back are not squished together) but they know they will have to be squished together for the airport / accom journeys anway.

Edited at 07:08 AM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Here she is.

Edited at 12:39 AM.
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Here she is.
No pictures here Jim!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Here she is.
Great thanks! Well if we get something like that I will be happy. Seats down for all the cases and 3 in the back for longer journeys (airport > Accom) and seats up and one of the kids in the back and then 1 child and 1 adult on the regular back row the rest of the time.
Old 18 May 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Nobby39
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Just checked my bookingfor next week and whilst the same deal is not available a premium suv (X3 or similar) has dropped to only 100 More than I have paid for standard suv.

Anyone know what the current premium suv would be?

I thought premium was suburban not 5 seater X3. Although I would be veryhappy with a BMW.
Hi WelshJim. Hope you had a great journey. Im really keen to understand what you came across at Mco and any issues you faced. I have booked the same suv and paid 200 for 2 weeks hire in June.

Thanks
Paul.
Nobby39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I read somewhere (Tripadvisor?) that Alamo were insisiting on seeing your copy of teh Brits Guide when you turn up now if booking via the Alamo\Brits site. Has anyone picked up recently that can refute this?

Thanks