Notices

Old 13 Apr 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

What Happens in Vegas...Pre Trippy

Hi Everyone!

I have spent months reading through all the amazing trip reports on the Dibb, they have given me so many ideas for my previous/ upcoming trips that is has inspired me to write my own, with just under 7 weeks before we go I thought now would be the perfect time to start my pre trippy.

Index

The Cast -

Me: Kimberly, 21 - I am a keen traveller, I've been to the states around 15 times with visits to Miami, Orlando, Vegas and California. I am also going to Florida with my family in October this year.

The other cast member is one of my closest friends:

Amy: also 21 - Amy has never been to the states, she has travelled within Europe and has also been to Egypt. She is also not a member of the Dibb therefore this trip report will be based around my notes and possibly including some of her pictures.

When we're going -

10 nights, from the 31st May to 10th June

Orginially we had been planning to go to Cancun this year, we wanted somewhere with sun and lots of cocktails however when I returned from my trip to Vegas in December, we both decided we wanted to go to the states, we were looking at New York, Miami, LA and Vegas, but we were drawn more to Vegas.

Who we booked with -

We ended up booking a package holiday, we knew it would have been cheaper to do a DIY holiday however, neither of us had the money to pay for the flights up front and we weren't 100% if we wanted to hire a car, so a fly drive wasn't considered.

We had been keeping an eye out on both BA and Virgin websites, it was around Christmas/ New Year so they both had a number of sales on, we still couldn't decide on dates, we didn't want to travel in school holidays as we knew the price would increase, we didn't want to go to late in the year and also didn't want to go to early so eventually we decided on May/June.

We chose a holiday with British Airways, the same holiday was £300 per person more expensive with Virgin so to us it was a no brainer. We secured the holiday with a £300 deposit, £150 each.

Flights -

31st May 2016, 16:40 - Heathrow (London) - 19:20 - McCarran International (NV) (Las Vegas)

Hotel -

After visiting Vegas, I would have loved to stay at the Venetian, but we couldn't justify the price of this hotel, we had been looking at the MGM Grand & Mandalay Bay as these were more in our price range. Amy then said as this was her first time visiting the states she would prefer staying at a hotel that she has heard of, of course most people have watched "The Hangover" and since watching that she had been desperate to go to Caesars Palace.

We had set our budget to around £1100 for flights and hotel, Caesars Palace was slightly over this price, but we both agreed we were happy with this.
Our final price was £1250 each, for the flights and 10 nights in a Palace Tower Deluxe room. This was for the Room only, however the Cyber Sale included $10 F&B credit per person per night. We have also factored in the cost of the resort fees and will use a credit card to pay for this when we are over there.

Normally I like to get to the airport the night before and stay at a hotel, as I feel it kick starts the holiday, but as we have a later flight we figured this would be a waste of money. We live in Reading, which is about a 30 minute drive from Heathrow, so we have decided to have lunch and a few pre flight cocktails at the airport instead

My parents have offered to give us a lift to the airport, to help us save money on parking and also it is their 36th wedding anniversary the day we leave and there is a restaurant called the Pheasant which is a short drive from the airport they love it in here and have figured they can make an evening off it and have a meal there.

Thank you for reading so far, I will be updating with our plans over the next couple of weeks, we have a lot of things we want to do/ see including some chilled afternoons round by the pool sun bathing. There are a couple of things we are waiting to book, which hopefully will be done next week.

Plans so far -

Places we want see

Restaurants

Things we want to do

Shows

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 02:30 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

So glad you decided on writing a trip report, what a great read!

Going to Vegas with your best friend... how amazing is that?! Can't wait to hear more and see all the fun you girls get up to!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Exciting stuff! You had me at 'cocktails'

Caesars Palace looks amazing

Looking forward to reading all of you plans!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
So glad you decided on writing a trip report, what a great read!

Going to Vegas with your best friend... how amazing is that?! Can't wait to hear more and see all the fun you girls get up to!
You inspired me to write my own! I'm so excited to go, and this made me even more excited, writing it all down! Thank you for reading, can't wait to share more! And also can't wait to read the rest of yours

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Exciting stuff! You had me at 'cocktails'

Caesars Palace looks amazing

Looking forward to reading all of you plans!
me and her live at the gym at the moment, so we are so excited to indulge in cocktails and american food lol!

Can't wait to write the rest down thanks for reading.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 13 Apr 16, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
You inspired me to write my own! I'm so excited to go, and this made me even more excited, writing it all down! Thank you for reading, can't wait to share more! And also can't wait to read the rest of yours
Glad to provide the inspiration!

I loved writing my pre-trippy and am super excited to write a whole trip report... anyway to keep talking about the holiday once it is over eh?!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds like a fun trip! Look forward to reading more!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 16, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You'll have a blast - there's nothing like a girly trip
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fun trip! Look forward to reading more!
Thank you for reading, I am really excited for the trip
Originally Posted by Helen0705 View Post
You'll have a blast - there's nothing like a girly trip
This is my friends first girly trip! But I agree, they are so much fun!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Apr 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Places we want to see -

I won't write a full day to day run down of what we will be doing, as at this stage we don't know, we have a few things scheduled but we want to relax and take it at our own pace over there, so for now this is general idea of things we want to see, please if anyone has any other recommendations of what we should do, then we would love to hear them.

Grand Canyon -

We are going to do the helicopter tour in to the canyon, however we are waiting to book this until we get there, as I saw some good deals when I was over there last time and whilst its not guaranteed to be cheaper we are happy to wait.

We are either going to do this on Friday 03/06 or on the Monday 06/06.

Sundance

The tour company we will probably book with is Sundance, they were coming up with a good price and I really like the tour involved, they pick you up in a limo at your hotel, drive you to the airport and they also provide a champagne lunch in the canyon. I know a few tour companies offer this, so it's not 100% that we will use them, but so far that is the plan.

Red Rock Canyon -

I really want to visit the Red Rock Canyon, I think there are some stunning views:

Scoot City

I have read a few Vegas trip reports where people have done the Scoot City tours in to Red Rock Canyon, I am 100% wanting to do this! I've seen Groupon vouchers for $199 for 2 people, which is around a $50 saving, I'm holding off until pay day, as I didn't want to use my credit card, I will hopefully be booking this next week, fingers crossed the Groupon offer is still on.

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 01:16 PM.