Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I’ve stayed at the BP Sian Kaan, this is shocking news to read about! We loved our time there, we even got a taxi at 5:30am to Tulum ruins as it opens early to beat the heat! We walked down the track in pitch black and felt safe. Although the rooms were nicer at the Sian Kaan set in the jungle we actually preferred the buffet and shows at the Akumal, beach was also nice there. I worked out it would have been £800 cheaper to stay at the Akumal!
I preferred Sian kaan as I liked to get away from the hustle and bustle. Not saying it was busy but I found Sian kaan so peaceful and loved the jungle. We did however go the beach every day but again enjoyed the trolley ride. Can’t wait to go back and sample all those al la cartes. We got a really good deal and looking at next year it’s a lot more expensive. Will book nearer the time
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Thanks. He isn’t staying at that hotel - he is at El Dorado Royale and will hopefully stay within the complex
I’m trying not to worry!
We’ve stayed at this hotel it’s beautiful not really walking distance to anything though .
We got the hotel bus into player Del Carmen for a night and did various organised trips .
I think it’s like anywhere ,you need to be aware that what tourists see is not the same as life for locals .
I’m sure he will have a great time
We were there 15 years ago but a couple of work colleagues are going this year and taking their kids I wouldn’t hesitate to go as s family either .Hope this helps put your mind at rest .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks. He isn’t staying at that hotel - he is at El Dorado Royale and will hopefully stay within the complex
I’m trying not to worry!
Also meant to say it’s probably the only all inclusive hotel we’ve been to that unless you really wanted to do a trip you could easily not spend another penny
I notice it’s expanded somewhat since we were there when there were only a few casitas He could easily have a great time without going anywhere else
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Also meant to say it’s probably the only all inclusive hotel we’ve been to that unless you really wanted to do a trip you could easily not spend another penny
I notice it’s expanded somewhat since we were there when there were only a few casitas He could easily have a great time without going anywhere else
Thank you! Reassured me a lot.
He has sent a load of photos and it looks amazing. He is having a great time and hopefully they won’t be tempted to leave!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Aaw good to hear .Glad your son is enjoying himself .
Old 25 Jun 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you! Reassured me a lot.
He has sent a load of photos and it looks amazing. He is having a great time and hopefully they won’t be tempted to leave!
I wouldn't worry. We spent 2 weeks at Christmas in Playa Del Carmen in a condo. Never saw any trouble and walked all over. We felt perfectly safe.
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I wouldn't worry. We spent 2 weeks at Christmas in Playa Del Carmen in a condo. Never saw any trouble and walked all over. We felt perfectly safe.
Thank you! He is having a great time
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List