Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Apr 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Prepare me for ADR day tomorrow!

I am on the edge

This is my third Disney trip, but first on site stay. Our first visit we only made two reservations, and last year I somehow managed to forget that it was 180 days before, and thought it was 120 days(!) and didn't book tables until quite late. I did get what I wanted in the end after a lot of modifying, but I want to be prepared for tomorrow.

Can I ask what time I can book from, is it 11am?

Is there an order in which I should book these restaurants, see my list below:

Arrival day (27th Oct)
Dinner - Homecomin'

28th - Grand Floridian Cafe - breakfast, Storybook Dining - dinner

29th - none, Epcot food & wine festival so we plan on eating a lot of small snacks instead of eating actual meals

30th - Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast, and potentially Toledo - dinner (we don't have the credits to cover this one, but I want to have it in advance of opening in case it gets amazing review and I need to rethink)

31st - 1900 Park Fare - dinner

1st (Nov) - Yak & Yeti - dinner

2nd
- Tusker House - breakfast

3rd (Last day ) - no reservations.

We're going to be paying for another one of these OoP once I calculate which one is going to be cheapest (I'm thinking Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast).

I'm going to be booking all of these online, either laptop or on the app. Any suggestions on which one?

Do I need to ring for CRT, or can I book this online as well? I've done a few play arounds and it looks like I can do it on the website on my laptop without needing to call, but I haven't went through to the end to see if that's right or not.

Thanks to anyone that helps with my million questions!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I would do Storybook Dining first, and maybe look at moving it later in your trip. We only have 5 nights onsite, and couldn’t get it at all for August for our first few days, and only late times for the other days. I don’t have experience of booking CRT though to know how hard that is.

I would go on the laptop, I tried on my iPad first but it wouldn’t open up the trip dates on that, it worked on the app and on the laptop
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I would do Storybook Dining first, and maybe look at moving it later in your trip. We only have 5 nights onsite, and couldn’t get it at all for August for our first few days, and only late times for the other days. I don’t have experience of booking CRT though to know how hard that is.

I would go on the laptop, I tried on my iPad first but it wouldn’t open up the trip dates on that, it worked on the app and on the laptop
Thank you I'll have both open just incase.

Should I have a second back up day then for Storybook Dining just incase I can't get my first? I had figured it would probably be quite popular so I'll prioritise it (apart from maybe CRT if anyone comments on that!)
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Thank you I'll have both open just incase.

Should I have a second back up day then for Storybook Dining just incase I can't get my first? I had figured it would probably be quite popular so I'll prioritise it (apart from maybe CRT if anyone comments on that!)
Yes I think that would be a good plan, it seems one of the hardest to get at the moment and at least if you have a back up in mind it won’t cause a panic if the first choice one is booked! Hope you can get what you want
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes I think that would be a good plan, it seems one of the hardest to get at the moment and at least if you have a back up in mind it won’t cause a panic if the first choice one is booked! Hope you can get what you want
Thank you! I'll took a look at the itinerary I've made and see where I could move it to if needs be
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d definitely have a back up day for Storybook & maybe even CRT. You might not need the back up days but it’s worth having a look & knowing ahead of ADR day where you can change your plans around to suit want you want to do & still get the meals you want.

Also I’d prepare yourself for the chance that your +10 might not show up. I spent an hour stressing myself right out because it wouldn’t show on the app, safari or on the laptop before giving in & ringing Disney up. The staff were great though & I got all my meals for the days I wanted them including Storybook & near enough the times I wanted so it all worked out but it’s just something to prepare yourself for.

Good luck! 😃

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
I’d definitely have a back up day for Storybook & maybe even CRT. You might not need the back up days but it’s worth having a look & knowing ahead of ADR day where you can change your plans around to suit want you want to do & still get the meals you want.

Also I’d prepare yourself for the chance that your +10 might not show up. I spent an hour stressing myself right out because it wouldn’t show on the app, safari or on the laptop before giving in & ringing Disney up. The staff were great though & I got all my meals for the days I wanted them including Storybook & near enough the times I wanted so it all worked out but it’s just something to prepare yourself for.

Good luck! 😃
Yes, I think this is a better idea, as if I go to book tomorrow and my first choice isn't there I'll get myself into a flap trying to find a second option without having time to figure out which day works best

We're only there for 7 nights so hopefully we don't have that problem, but that's good to know to call if there are any issues!
Old 29 Apr 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would prioritise StoryBook and Homecomin’ as both of those are popular.

Like HappyThoughts I also had to call at 12pm as my +10 didn’t open no matter what I tried! It’s good to have your plan at the ready and a back up plan for the difficult to get ones. Or be ready to swop a couple.

If you do struggle at 11am (which you probably won’t) be ready bang on 12 to ring to avoid to much of a wait.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I would prioritise StoryBook and Homecomin’ as both of those are popular.

Like HappyThoughts I also had to call at 12pm as my +10 didn’t open no matter what I tried! It’s good to have your plan at the ready and a back up plan for the difficult to get ones. Or be ready to swop a couple.

If you do struggle at 11am (which you probably won’t) be ready bang on 12 to ring to avoid to much of a wait.

Kat
I'm currently sitting looking through trying to add in a few back ups for my more popular ones Ah, I really hope I don't have that issue, I'll be ready to go at 12 if I do need to ring though.
Old 29 Apr 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi I don’t think you’ll have any trouble, the two more difficult to get ones CRT and Storybook have plenty of availability for the dates you want, I just checked. I just did mine and it was painless 🙂
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List