Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

And my 10 year old too! Is it a 12A?

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My kids refuse to tell me anything and We haven’t even seen the first one yet! Just incase we watch it we mustn’t know anything!
Old 29 Apr 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My kids refuse to tell me anything and We haven’t even seen the first one yet! Just incase we watch it we mustn’t know anything!
Funny. My 20 year old was the same.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
And today my 12 year old has come home annoyed because others can’t keep quiet. Spoiled the whole film for him. Luckily he’s not like minded and is keeping it to himself so he doesn’t spoil it for others
They’re mean aren’t they? I think a lot of the kids spoiling it haven’t seen it. They’ve just read spoilers on the internet then gone round winding the other kids up. I really don’t think fans would be so mean. You never know with kids though...
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think every parent should make their own decisions about parenting so although I have said I believe a day off, for a student with 100% attendance won’t hurt their education, it’s up to the parents.

But, I can remember feeling the same excitement as a teenager over seeing Grease. I sat outside the cinema for 4 hours queueing (no online booking then 😄 ) singing songs from the film sitting on the pavement while waiting. It’s one of my fondest memories as a teenager.

Life isn’t only about education and to be a well-rounded adult, you need to be able to work hard and find time to enjoy life too.
I agree but I don't think you should lie about it.

OP hope your son is feeling better if it was a bug. There is a lot of it about.

There are a lot of discussions about spoilers in this house ATM. 2 got up at 2am to watch GOT. 3 didnt. Ha ha !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I agree but I don't think you should lie about it.

OP hope your son is feeling better if it was a bug. There is a lot of it about.

There are a lot of discussions about spoilers in this house ATM. 2 got up at 2am to watch GOT. 3 didnt. Ha ha !
Lol! I felt his pain today. I’ve been trying to avoid GOT spoilers all day.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
And my 10 year old too! Is it a 12A?
Yes it is, that just means under 12s need to be with an adult

I saw it with my 10 year old last night, and told him not to talk about it at school in front of friends who were still planning to see it but hadn’t yet. He predicted others would be less subtle though
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
They’re mean aren’t they? I think a lot of the kids spoiling it haven’t seen it. They’ve just read spoilers on the internet then gone round winding the other kids up. I really don’t think fans would be so mean. You never know with kids though...
It was his 2 “best” mates they told him everything as they’d been to see it on the weekend (with their parents not each other) and obviously thought it was hysterical to tell him. So we decided to take them all last night. It was incredible I squeezed my 8 year olds hand so hard 😂 I then watch game of thrones when we got it. Intense evening! And we’re all blooming knackered this morning but both were worth it.

Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes it is, that just means under 12s need to be with an adult

I saw it with my 10 year old last night, and told him not to talk about it at school in front of friends who were still planning to see it but hadn’t yet. He predicted others would be less subtle though
Yes I’ve had the same chat with all of mine too!

Old 30 Apr 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
If i found out my daughter threw a sickie and her 100% attendance then she would find herself grounded and not going to the showing of said movie.
I probably wouldn't ground her but I certainly wouldn't be happy with her.

If knowing some information from a film - or even reading the whole synopsis of the film - 'spoils' the movie for some people then clearly the film makers aren't doing a very good job. Because a film is not just a case of "character X does Y" or "event Z happens". Finding out some facts about a film might temper my surprise when I see those events but it certainly doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the film.

Personally, for me, attending lessons at school is much more important than avoiding spoilers for a movie about some fictional superheroes fighting space aliens.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List