Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jun 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Help with FP planning etc

Our fast pass window opens on 20th June. I booked ADR’s so need to plan around these. I started a thread about the ADR’s here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1117335 and plan to cut the Crystal Palace on the 1st day.

Firstly, am I at 15 TS credits now I have cut CP? There was a few different answers in my previous thread.

My 2 sons will be 6 and 4. They are very wary of rides (so was I as a child) so there is a chance neither of the will be tempted onto rollercoasters. I’m hoping that between the FP stuff we will be able to go on the more sedate non-FP rides and parent (prob minus child) swap the faster FP ones. I’ve also tried to book FP’s near to each other or so we are not back and forth, but am not sure if that matters.

My rough plan is below but it starts to unravel towards the end as I’m not sure what rides to book or whether to re-book some previous rides. I don’t seem to have us at MK late enough to watch the fireworks up close unless we hang around. I would like to go on Expedition Everest but am not sure where to put it.

Can anyone offer any advice on my plan and whether to move FP’s around and what extras to book bearing in mind my kids may not like the fast stuff? Are the parks split well or should I considers witching them around? I’ve only takes advantage of EMH once at Epcot. I’m also not sure about traveling times between locations.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

A few comments from me (doing mine tomorrow!)
I don’t think you will get a 10am 7 Dwarfs on your first day, and you definitely won’t get Slinky at all on your second (I am worried about whether I can get it on day 4!)

On the 22nd you don’t have any Tier 1 down for Epcot as I believe character spot has gone back to Tier 2

If you are doing BOG I wouldn’t try and do the welcome show the same day as you will lose the advantage of being in fantasyland ahead of the crowds, you are better going straight to Peter Pan or 7 Dwarfs. I would see the show on your first day.

You also have Toy Story Mania and Alien Saucers on the same day - they are both Tier 1.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I am going to comment by park.

Magic Kingdom: I think it is fine to try for 7DMT on first day, I have got it on a first day before now. But have a back up idea just in case. Later on, I think you are possibly "wasting" your pre-booked FP, Dumbo, Laughterfloor, Barnstormer you will probably be able to pick up on the day, you have little chance getting a repeat 7DMT on the day. I focus my MK bookings around the most popular rides, so the mountains, Peter Pan, maybe Buzz and yes I would book each more than once.

Hollywood Studios: Yes agree with the previous poster, there is very little chance of getting Slinky Dog on the second day of your trip, I couldn't get it until day six of my last trip in Feb. I would push this into the second week and also as PP mentioned you cannot pre-book Toy Story and Aliens.

Animal Kingdom: On your first AK day, I would make Expedition Everest a pre booked FP, if you think the children would do it, I would try to get Dinosaur as an extra one. On your second AK day, I wouldn't want to do Kali River Rapids first thing, you get absolutely drenched on it. Presumably you are going back to the hotel for a break before the MNSSHP, in which case, I would just do it at the end (well actually I wouldn't do it at all as we don't like it).

Epcot: Seems ok, although if the character meet is a tier 2, then I would try and get a tier 1 ride on that day, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space will be more easily got as an extra fp on the day.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm going to be trying for SDD fast pass on the 21st too. According to the Dibb fast pass availability tool there are now only evening slots available for SDD on this date. I'm going for a TSMM fast pass instead and will try and rope drop SDD, although crowds will be quite large i expect as it is paid for early magic event that day
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

Thanks all I'll make a few tweaks. I know when I come to book it will all fall apart which is what happened to my ADR's.

If repeating rides are there any particular ones I might consider?

Can I also ask as I will probably book everything for 4 what happens if my kids won't go on? It seems a waste but until we get there I won't really know. Can I book some as a 2 or a 3 and parent swap or would I still need to book for 4? I think my youngest won't get on FOP anyway but look like he is ok for everything else. If I book a 4 will my oldest just get to go on twice, once with each parent?

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

I have updated my plan as below. I realized T-Rex is at DS not HS so have to account for travel. Does it all look ok. Are the timing to get around ok, or should I move this about anywhere to allow for travel?

I've highlighted the FP's to book 1st. I am not looking forward to tomorrow based on how booking ADR's went.

Old 19 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I personally wouldn’t FP any of the shows. I’ve never found any benefit other than as a throwaway FP.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:25 AM  
Link to this Post

You will not be able to FP Slinky Dog and Aerosmith on the 31st August as the tiers will have changed due to GE opening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

In terms of timings with a 6 and 4 year old, just be prepared for tiredness and not being able to stick completely to plan. Our last trip DD was 4 and we did hire stroller, but still needed mid day breaks and took naps even though she had not done this at home for years! Good you have time between fast passes ending and then evening show/dinner plans on your longer days - it is surprising how tiring it can get (for us too 😂 )
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish

I didn't realise GE was opening while we are there. Should I do more HS for this or will it be rammed. Is there a list of rides/fastpasses available for when it opens?

How are the tiers likely to change?

Edited at 09:03 AM.