Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know, but Stu said probably and I trust him 😀
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I think if WDW use this virtual system it will make the line before opening even worse for 29th-31st August.
When people realise that by 6am or even before all the boarding passes are gone. People will arrive earlier and earlier.
It will also turn the rest of HS into a holding pen for SW fans before they called up.
The first 15,000 get a boarding pass the next 15,000 stand about HS swiping the phones and finally the next 15,000 stand outside. Crowd control!

I suspect though this is system WDW is going to use unless it totally fails at Disneyland.
I agree. My husband was debating going to the park at some point on opening day or the day after but if they do this it will mean you have to be there well before opening to get a slot. I suspect if you have to then stay in the park some people will have a very long wait!
Old 20 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I hope they sort things out for WDW before we get there so I can try and get my head round how to actually use it. To be honest I am actually thinking of not bothering with even trying to get into Batu!
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I dont think it will be needed for extra extra magic hours, the land wont reach capacity until everyone else gets in at opening time so I think the holds wont start till 10ish, This system worked teally well when Harry Potter opened, but it was paper tickets then not app enabled!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We’re waiting for the eemh to start On the 1 st September I think. It will be interesting how they manage the onsite guests arrival and time within the land before everyone else arrives. I’m not a big Star Wars fan so I’m happy to whiz thru the land and hopefully one ride will be open to try. After that it’s back to the old favourites which hopefully will be quiet.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I think if WDW use this virtual system it will make the line before opening even worse for 29th-31st August.
When people realise that by 6am or even before all the boarding passes are gone. People will arrive earlier and earlier.
It will also turn the rest of HS into a holding pen for SW fans before they called up.
The first 20,000 get a boarding pass the next 55,000 stand about HS swiping their phones and spending $s and rest stand outside in the heat. Crowd control!

I suspect though this is system WDW is going to use unless it totally fails at Disneyland.
But this is the same as what would happen even if there wasn't the virtual queue - that line at park open is going to be massive because everyone knows they have a better chance of getting in if they get there early. I don't think this will change that, but it will spread that same number of people around HS instead of them all queuing again to get into GE.
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

If they run this in WDW in September, I’m hoping the mobile networks or park WiFi can cope with everyone on the app at 6am.

I like the idea of getting a time to come back, so I don’t have to queue, other than the long entry queue.

Sounds like people may already be looking for ways around it. Perhaps go there, pick up a time slot, then leave and go elsewhere.

It will be interesting to know if it picks up someone being in the park, as oppose to outside in the queue booking a time slot.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=Griff_389;13913079]

It will be interesting to know if it picks up someone being in the park, as oppose to outside in the queue booking a time slot.[/QUOTE

Surely it will know by people scanning their magic bands into the park
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

As for the booking outside part, I go in November and was just thinking that. Have a day chilling by the pool, join the boarding group from the hotel, go to HS in the evening. Job done.

If I was in a hotel that was hooked up with the cable cars, i'd just get the ride there, join the queue and get the cable car back to the hotel. Then go back for like 4pm and spend the late afternoon/evening in the park
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Even though SWGE in Disneyland has already been open for a month.

Disneyland's 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' Crowds Reach Capacity Within 20 Minutes on Opening Day

hollywoodreporter/he...ng-day-1220568

A small number of people lined up from 3am according to their tweets. Although seems most arrived around 6am for an 8am opening.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List