Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

How many days?

We've been to Disneyworld three times as a family (I've been twice before that too). However none of us have been to DLP. We're going to be staying at Villages Nature in August which I think is about 6 miles from DLP. The trip isn't arranged around a trip to Disney, it just looks like a lovely centre Parcs. However it'd be odd to be so close but not go at all! As there'll be lots to do at centre Parcs and we're hoping to have a day in Paris too I was wondering if one day would be enough for Disney? I'm just not sure as in Florida we'd usually go to the parks on 10 days out of a two week trip but that would include multiple trips to Epcot and animal kingdom as they're our favourites.

Also, and I really hope this would not offend anyone who is a big fan of DLP, I was wondering if it would somehow feel "less" than Disneyworld? British theme parks don't seem to have the same magic (for me) and I've always wondered if it's the Disney touch or the weather/environment (flowers etc) of Florida that makes it feel so special
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

one day in August is no way enough time to appreciate all that DLP has to offer, but if its all you've got, its all you've got.

DLP isn't a British theme park, and in August you'll boil, just like you do out in the open in Florida . Its European Disney, but its still Disney, and Disneyland Parc is a beautiful place. It has several unique attractions, and some of the WDW rides have - dare I say it - better versions at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris is not a British theme park. It’s in france.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks both for your replies, it's nice to hear that you'd say some of the rides are even better than in Florida.

I was probably not very clear in my wording in my first post . What I meant to say is that I've been to theme parks in the UK and Disneyworld parks in the USA and, in my opinion, I think the Florida ones have a bit of extra "something" that I don't feel over here. I've never been to any theme parks in Europe so was really wondering if my views of Disney are skewed by experiencing it in America with all the other lovely associations I have about holidaying there or if it's really the case that Disney does it so well everywhere with all the theming. Like I said I absolutely don't mean to offend anyone who loves DLP... and I hope (expect) to be one of those people after this summer!

I think we'll definitely give it two days

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Disneyland Paris is amazing. I’m sure Florida is amazing too and in terms of the Magic Kingdom style parks they’re not very different, apart fro the weather of course. The studios in Paris are smaller than their counterpart in Florida but they still have the main rides such as Tower of Terror and Aerosmith. Personally, I wouldn’t bother with going for one day. You need four days minimum in my opinion. People say Disneyland Paris is small compared to Florida but that’s only because Florida has Epcot and Animal Kingdom too whereas Paris has just the two parks, the main parks are not that much different and you need similR time in both as with Florida.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Magic Kingdom in WDW will always be my home park so Florida would always be my first choice but we really enjoy Paris too

We like 3 park days as minimum in Paris - 1 day for each park & 1 day doing anything we missed or want to do again.

In August the parks will be crazy busy & if you try to do everything in one day you'll probably hate it!

Do you get Extra Magic Time at Village Nature? If you do I would suggest getting to the gates at 8am & doing a day in each park. With some planning you could get the major attractions done by lunch time both days, then watch some shows / the parade or go back & chill in the pool in the pool in the afternoon before heading back to the parks later on.

There are lots of similarities between the parks but lots of differences too! Walking down Main Street feels the same but different lol If you like big rides Thunder Mountain & Space Mountain are much better in Paris, & Indiana Jones is a must! Crush & Ratatouille are also fab but the queues get crazy - we usually run to crush at the start of EMT & do Ratatouille as single riders!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been for a day before & had a good time. We also went for 3 days. If you can only for one day in I’m sure you’ll still have a great time, your holiday isn’t based around going to Disney is it, Disney would just be an added bonus thrown in. I’m sure a single day would be lovely.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Honestly for 1 day I wouldn't go at all especially in August, DLP is an amazing park, and I just think you wouldn't be doing it justice for one day in probably the busiest period.

For me in August you need at least 4 or 5 full days for your first time.

Could you not book a couple of day at the end of your Nature Village stay for DLP? That's what were doing, were going to go to DLP for 4 nights and then have a 3 night break at the Nature Village, I wouldn't mix both personally.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List