Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 23 Jul 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

No Carbs before Marbs?! Day one - travel day

Travel Day
The alarm went off at 3:45am, I had a quick shower and a huge cup of tea (Disney mug/jug!) then we got the boys up and left home at 5am. We stopped to pick up ginger son Kieran en route, and he literally didn’t stop talking from the moment he got in the car, all the way to the airport, right through the incredibly long security queue and only stopped when we had been in the air around thirty minutes. Now all three boys are sleeping like babies. (Am writing this mid flight for something to do)

Our breakfast at the airport was very disappointing, I ordered a fried egg sandwich which sounded quite exciting for a woman who has been (not very successfully) denying herself carbs for couple of weeks, when it arrived the egg was completely hard, rubbery and stone cold. I didn’t bother asking for another as we didn’t have time and I didn’t have faith it would be any better so I just had a latte and politely asked for a refund of £7.

There is a man in front of us on the plane, snoring really loudly, and resting his head on the poor completely unrelated child next to him! Lol. Thought my DH snores badly but this is next level!

We are flying with Jet2 for the first time, it’s not bad actually it reminds me of good old Air Berlin back in the days when we used them to fly Stansted to Mallorca.

Apart from the snoring man and the dreaded airplane wind (sorry but we all know it happens, mine stays in thankfully but makes my tummy blow up like a big bag of crisps) the flight was uneventful, and we landed in Malaga on time. Local temperature is 30 degrees - same as back home unbelievably! We have picked the hottest week of the uk summer to go away...

Getting the car was a bit of a palava, as always, we got lost trying to find the rental car office, and accidentally exited the terminal, so had to ask very nicely to go back in, oops! We have a brand spanking new Peugeot 308 SUV type thingy, I am a terrible passenger and annoyed everyone in the car on the way to the villa, by being incredibly over anxious about the manic roads. My husband does an amazing job to even attempt driving overseas, but I cannot help gripping the car door, and trying to brake with my feet every two minutes whilst also shouting out ‘oh god’ and ‘slow down!’

The villa is beautiful, we were met by the owner, she has only just started renting it out, and its just got everything we could possibly need, the pool and garden are wonderful (I am really into gardening and love all the tropical flowers) the pool is warm enough to get straight in, no heating needed, amd the owner has given us fruit, cava, free wifi, TV channels for kids etc yay!
It has an old fashioned air about it, and is very homely.

We pretty much went straight back out to go shopping at Lidl, we filled a massive trolley, and annoyed all the locals holding up the till whole we tried badly to pack efficiently.

Back to the house and had a really nice swim, then a cup of tea and a custard tart mmm. My DH is now trying to blow up my inflatable pegasus horse while I sit and write this! 😂 The boys are all having a siesta. Their rooms look like blooming love island bedrooms already - messy! I am just walking around picking up after them constantly.

We went out to eat for dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant, called La Scala, we needed two taxis, at 10 euros each, for a 4kms journey that took 5 minutes. It was a very nice restaurant, quite expensive (especially compared to Florida!) we also noticed service was veeeeerrrrry slooooow! Spanish time.

Food was good though, we had Bruschetta, pizzas, pasta and then some tiramisu - and a couple of glasses of wine of course! It is a bit strange being surrounded by men, and I think I will have to just find my own way to relax this week, the eldest two drank a lot, beer, gin, expresso martini, and then limoncello - blurgh! 215 euros and another taxi home, we are now back at the villa, and I am on the decaff tea before bed. Thanks for reading. (Being there for me) you ladies will be my sanity this week.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 05:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

The villa looks amazing!

Enjoy your week

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Villa looks fantastic. You were lucky with your car. Whenever we go to Spain we always seem to end up with some old banger ! Out of interest would you mind telling me who you rented the car from please.
Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Edited at 06:41 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
The villa looks amazing!

Enjoy your week
Thank you Mel.

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Villa looks fantastic. You were lucky with your car. Whenever we go to Spain we always seem to end up with some old banger ! Out of interest would you mind telling me who you rented the car from please.
Hope you have a lovely holiday.
We always use SIXT now, after a few dodgy experiences with other rental companies, they always seem to be more honest, have newer cars etc, and so far touch wood we have been lucky with them in every country. I always take out excess insurance independently (around £22 through worldwide insure) to cover us if we do have to pay any excess for accidents.

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Look like you have found your own ‘Love Island’

Enjoy your break..., it is what it is !

Follow the thread...

Disney332
Old 24 Jul 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Villa looks fabulous. You have my sympathy on super snorer on the plane. Usually it’s my hubby !
I’m always outnumbered by the men folk on my trips so I salute you. It’s good fun but usually involves lots of food and sleep. Which I see both featured in day 1.
And wowsers bit of a hefty bill for dinner on the first night.

Hope you have a lovely time x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Villa looks fabulous. You have my sympathy on super snorer on the plane. Usually it’s my hubby !
I’m always outnumbered by the men folk on my trips so I salute you. It’s good fun but usually involves lots of food and sleep. Which I see both featured in day 1.
And wowsers bit of a hefty bill for dinner on the first night.

Hope you have a lovely time x
That snorer was just something else, his wife was sat opposite, a row behind, so could see what was happening and did nothing to stop him, she just drank few bottles of some pink fizz, and ate two big sharer bags of crisps! 😂 go girlfriend!

Our trip reports -

Edited at 08:39 AM.
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Love the villa! Hope you have a good week
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Villa looks lovely food looks delicious x thanks for sharing
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Great travel day. The snorer sounds, well, loud!

Great cocktails at the end of the day, villa looks fab. Enjoy the holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List