Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 7 May 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Looks fantastic, wow so many incredible things you did, and the hotel looks fabulous
It really was - not sure where to go next after that, such a great trip! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
I last visited Hong Kong 30 years ago but your report was partly a trip down memory lane for me and enjoyed reading it. Hope to get my DH to agree to go one day but the longer flight puts him off.
It honestly didn't seem like long a flight, I was kind of dreading it, but it really went quickly. Fingers crossed you can talk him into going at some point. Thanks for reading
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Loved reading your trippie... thanks for sharing.
It's nearly three years since we were last there...we loved it...we had brunch at the Icon... everything was really lovely till we tasted durium...it as awful😔
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you Glee Fan really useful info re phone and the map
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for a fab report. I went 6 years ago and loved it! DS is hopefully off there to university so will visit quite a lot if he does!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Just seen this thread and looking forward to reading about Hong Kong, I have commente so as not to lose the thread.
Old 9 May 19, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
kaydee
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved reading your report! My parents lived in HK many years ago and I visited a lot then and would love to go back. We’ve never stayed in a hotel over there (always stayed with mum and dad) so will keep yours in mind if we ever make the trip. It looks great.
Thanks for sharing your trip...your husband certainly had a birthday to remember!
Old 9 May 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved reading your report, this is a place I need to book, your thread has inspired me to take a look now.
Old 11 May 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

we went twenty years ago for the first leg of our honeymoon and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, we were spoiled rotten by the staff there, would love to return, maybe for our silver wedding :-). loved your TR
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Loved reading your trippie... thanks for sharing.
It's nearly three years since we were last there...we loved it...we had brunch at the Icon... everything was really lovely till we tasted durium...it as awful😔
I was too chicken to try it, but I smelt it - that was enough for me!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for a fab report. I went 6 years ago and loved it! DS is hopefully off there to university so will visit quite a lot if he does!
Your lucky ds - and lucky you too, as you will be visiting lots! Keeping my fingers crossed he gets in

Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
Loved reading your report! My parents lived in HK many years ago and I visited a lot then and would love to go back. We’ve never stayed in a hotel over there (always stayed with mum and dad) so will keep yours in mind if we ever make the trip. It looks great.
Thanks for sharing your trip...your husband certainly had a birthday to remember!
He certainly did and the hotel was just wonderful. We really felt very special and well looked after. Thanks for reading
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
Loved reading your report, this is a place I need to book, your thread has inspired me to take a look now.
I think you can tell we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm pleased it has been useful for you. If you have any questions, just ask!

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
we went twenty years ago for the first leg of our honeymoon and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental, we were spoiled rotten by the staff there, would love to return, maybe for our silver wedding :-). loved your TR
Ahh, we have always said we are going to go back to where we honeymooned for our silver wedding too! I hope you get to return and enjoy it even more the second time. Thanks for reading