Old 19 May 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scotpod
Apprentice Imagineer

scotpod's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Options for no mousekeeping

Afternoon everyone

Hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me regarding opting out of mousekeeping.
I will be staying at all star resorts for 20 nights as a solo traveller so...

1. Do all star have the option for me to opt out of mousekeeping
2. how do I do it?
3. is it an "all or nothing" service (might just like a quick Hoover, sheets changed and bathroom area cleaned twice during my stay ).
4. how to request fresh towels, bins emptied, etc
and finally
5.what is the voucher they offer you?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a solo traveller I am not likely to make much of a mess and was curious about this.
All information gratefully received
Old 19 May 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
They ask you on check in if you want it or not. It's $10 a night and you can ring and ask for new towels etc, we picked up some toilet rolls from the cleaners when they were outside our room. They still come in a few times a week to do a visual check.
Old 19 May 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you really going to want to go 20 days without having your loo cleaned? There are no toilet brushes left in the bathrooms.
Old 19 May 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just a quick question on top of this, I hope you don’t mind, OP..

If you have two rooms booked, can you opt out on one room and not the other?
Old 19 May 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
Just a quick question on top of this, I hope you don’t mind, OP..

If you have two rooms booked, can you opt out on one room and not the other?
Yes you can as they'll be separate bookings

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scotpod View Post
Afternoon everyone

Hoping someone here can answer a couple of questions for me regarding opting out of mousekeeping.
I will be staying at all star resorts for 20 nights as a solo traveller so...

1. Do all star have the option for me to opt out of mousekeeping
2. how do I do it?
3. is it an "all or nothing" service (might just like a quick Hoover, sheets changed and bathroom area cleaned twice during my stay ).
4. how to request fresh towels, bins emptied, etc
and finally
5.what is the voucher they offer you?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a solo traveller I am not likely to make much of a mess and was curious about this.
All information gratefully received
1 and 2. Yes. They’ll ask if you want the “service your way” and explain what it is. If they don’t offer it automatically then just ask if you can opt out of housekeeping.

3. People seem to be getting mixed results on that. I asked at FQ and they’d do a mid stay clean for $10. Others haven’t had that option.

4. You can leave used towels/rubbish by your door when you go out for the day. Or we’ve been putting small rubbish bags in the bin by the lift as we’ve left the room. You can phone using your in room phone to request more towels/toilet paper/rubbish bags/toiletries etc. They are really nice and happy to bring however many you ask for.

5. They emailed me a voucher. When you buy something or if you want to use it in a restaurant they just scan the email or take down the number. Someone recently said you can still get in a physical gift card form if you don’t have a phone though.
You can use the gift card pretty much everywhere
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just to pick up on something one of the posters stated incorrectly, they don't just go in your room several times a week, security go in your room every day! Ever since the crack pot in Las Vegas, they do a daily security check
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Just to pick up on something one of the posters stated incorrectly, they don't just go in your room several times a week, security go in your room every day! Ever since the crack pot in Las Vegas, they do a daily security check
SD
Yes this. We asked ours to be done in the morning if possible which has been fine for us at FQ but another dibber had trouble with them being able to commit to a certain time at Riverside.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi you seem to want the best of both worlds. Please to all dont opt out , do you want to stay in a room that has not been properly cleaned for 2/3 weeks. You may be clean but is everyone
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Well they might have came into my room every day when we weren't there but they only knocked and came in twice in the week when I was actually there!